“Xeni's Steak - Excellent !”
Review of Xenis Cuisine - CLOSED

Xenis Cuisine
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Xenis cuisine situated in the heart of canford cliffs village. A contemporary restaurant nestled close to Poole's prestigious sandbanks area. Serving light modern european cuisine.
Bournemouth
“Xeni's Steak - Excellent !”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

It was my 75th birthday, so my son treated me to a "Steak" and what a superb choice it was. The restuarant was not very busy being a Tuesday evening, and because I wanted to chat to my son, I was able to do that without the incessant music that seems to be part of daily life!

The waitress was very helpful and chatty, it was quickly evident to her that I had a stroke (last year) and she went out in her way to make sure that I had everything to my liking. My son ordered the steaks, he had the fillet, I the sirlion, both were cooked exactly as ordered and both delicious, cooked to perfection. Sauteed potatoes after seasonal vegetables, but their was plenty of choice.

After we had icecream, large scoops, and coffee, all very enjoyable. I recommend this restaurant , I will be returning to sample more of the menu and then another visit, for those STEAKS !

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank keithscud

“Pleasing and hopeful but needs comfort!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The first impression was dark gloomy and uninviting. The barman was grumpy had no eye contact and was non descriptive. The menus looked uninventive and bland. The music was mismatched and strange.

When the food was done there was a loud door bell to signify it. When the waiter brought it to me he was silent. Even when I thanked him.

The garlic bread was cooked to perfection! There was a nice mix of crunchy and soft and the flavours were complementary and soothing! The peppers were grilled but were cold. Over all a good course set on a wooden board. Very nicely presented, but wouldn't have killed them to up the stakes on inventiveness.

The food was piping hot. And this time was presented with a thank you. No options of extras were given. A very average meal over all.

The wine was very acidic. And the knives and forks were not taken from the other side of the table throughout.

The late was not served in a glass and the sugar was all stuck together and not sharp. Saying this the late was very nice and was a very large portion. The desert was too over powered with orange.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Samsungvvpop
“Steaks that melt in your mouth .. Amazing.”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Xeni's steaks are cooked to perfection they simply melt in your mouth with a choice of sauces, I can't resist the red wine sauce.
Today we tried the Sunday Roast, I had chicken and my husband had the pork, both were cooked and served beautifully, followed by apple crumble.
The waitress couldn't have been more helpful and pleasant, although the restaurant was full to bursting, I think we will book next time, to be sure we get a table!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Strooze
London
“Lovely food and very helpful.”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Lucky for me, I was treated to lunch by my dad (80) and his lady (75). We came here and enjoyed fresh home cooked food and great service. They accommodated my dad's need for small portions.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank SMJLondon
“Great Food and Great Service!!!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We can not fault this Restaurant. From the time we arrived we knew we were both going to have a great evening of food and wine. Their was a young gentlemen who from the start greeted us and showed us to our table. He knew the menu very well and answered every question we had. He also recommended a bottle of wine which would accompany the food we had chosen. We were so surprised how knowledgable this gentlemen was!

When our starters arrived (moules with frites and Scallops) they were presented to us amazingly. Not only did they look good, but the tastes were so clean that every flavour was tasted at different times in your mouth. I highly recommend the Scallops as they were absolutely amazing. My partner had the moules and again would recommend.

From the time we finished our starters there was the perfect break inbetween to receive our mains. We both choose fillet steak, one cooked medium and the other rare. Both cooked to perfection. We also had the Homemade chips which were chunky and full of flavour. And after the recommendation for the gentlemen we purchased a bottle of their 2004 Rioja which I have to say went extremely well with our food.

By the time we finished we were both full and overwhelmed with the quality of food we had so far. And for that reason we had no choice but to select a dessert. I personally had the Selection of Cheeses and Biscuits, which my partner had the Cheesecake. When they arrived I was amazed with the size of my dessert. Honestly this could have Ben for the pair of us. Highly recommended along with the Cheesecake.

Nothing could fault our first experience here and will soon be returning with friends.

The service was great and the gentlemen who I believe to be the Manager is a great asset to the Restaurant. He is chatty and is willing to help on so many levels. Xeni himself came out to speak to us which I found to be a delight. I had to compliment him on his food and the flavours. I even persuaded him to give me the recipe for his Pink Peppercorn sauce.

Highly recommended and have already told friends and family of this little gem!!!

• Visited August 2013