“Always Superb Food”
Review of Storm Fish

Storm Fish
Ranked #29 of 362 Restaurants in Poole
Cuisines: Seafood, European, British, Soups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are family owned restaurant specialising in home-cooked fish, meat and vegetarian dishes. Everything is made on the premises - from the homemade bread and marinated olives, to the petite fours at the end of your meal. We pride ourselves on using as much local fish and produce as possible, using fish that is sustainable and meat of which we know the source and is matured naturally and raised without anitbiotics. Peter Miles started the restaurant in 1999 and is as passionate about it now as he was then. Together with Paolo, Head Chef/Manager and the team at Storm we look forward to welcoming you to our restaurant soon.
Rustington, United Kingdom
“Always Superb Food”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I am a huge supporter or restaurants who use sustainably sourced food. The Storm team catch their own fish, grow vegetables and produce their own honey. I have been many times both for lunch and dinner and each time I have not been disappointed. On a recent trip to Poole with friends and family we booked a table for dinner. The restaurant was busy but we had great service, the food came in a good time and was really very good and well presented. I can only ever eat fish at Storm as it is the best and I would highly recommend it.

• Visited October 2013

Kettering, United Kingdom
“Poor service.”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Agree with other reviewers that the service and attention to detail were appalling. Having to wait nearly 2 hours for the main course is unacceptable. They demonstrated little aptitude at even getting the basics right. To make it worse, a few days after visiting Storm all of us who ate the Oysters fell ill for 3 days with suspected Norovirus? possibly from the Oysters? It's a shame, it could be great restaurant!

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank S D W
Poole, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Venturing out mid-week during the bad weather in January didn't seem like a good idea but I'm so glad we did. We are primarily fish lovers & this is the area to eat it but reasonably good restaurants ticking all the boxes are hard to come by. I'm sure many reviewers find that experiences can be mixed despite reports.
Not many folk were in that night & the atmosphere was relaxed and friendly..our order was fish soup, oysters, sea bass & gurnard with shared sides. It was terrific, including the size of the fish! Magnificent! In truth we didn't need the extras however one pudding between the two of us somehow was demolished.. All the staff were incredibly helpful & friendly and with having just moved to the area we hope this will be a regular haunt.

Visited January 2014
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Disappointed with the food”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This was our first visit to storm, we travelled from the North East of England over the Christmas period to sample what we thought would be a wonderful seafood experience. On arrival we were met by a charming waitress who informed us that there was only one bottle of the wine of our choice left, I was then informed my choice of starter (seafood) was not available, I have to admit I was becoming slightly disheartened, my wife was informed after about 10 mins they were short of her starter, she was also disappointed with her main meal, I wondered if this was down to the festive season or perhaps the staff were in holiday mode! The theme of the evening continued to spiral down hill with the main meals having to be changed due to lack of availability (strange for a seafood restaurant). Once again the waitress was charming, aware of the poor service she provided a free bottle of wine by means of an apology. Will I be back, I don't think so but they do have the right to reply.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank William S
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Wet day end of season sanctuary”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

It was Dorset's flood time and we had reserved. A little tricky but they did call us back. It was there last weekend of opening and the town was both a washout and very quiet so we wondered when we got there what it would be like. We were offered a choice of table - lets face it not many were venturing out. The choice was fair and the catch of the day appealed. We were asked what we would want with the fish and how cooked. When it arrived it was great. The whole fish took over the main serving dish with lovely sides on it. Flavours were something special. We had a desert which also was really good. Lesson for some previous reviewers, its a fish restaurant not a steak house!
Would we go back ? Of course