“Perfection.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Angel

The Angel
Ranked #49 of 361 Restaurants in Poole
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Boasting a fine range of beers, wines and excellent food served all day, The Angel is a gastropub for all to enjoy, whether youre having a well earned lunch break or a pit-stop from a long journey or just enjoying a pint. The Angel menu offers something for everyone; from baguettes to homemade burgers and daily chefs specials at very affordable prices.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Perfection.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

After a long day at college, I jumped on the bus with my boyfriend to go to the Angel for a drink and a bite to eat. I'd like to start with mentioning how friendly the staff are. You walk through the door and are greeted by a warm smiley welcome.
Next, I'd like to mention the efficient services of the team, orders are almost instant even if it's busy, which is what we all love, and nothing ever seems to be a problem for any team member.
The food is delicious, always freshly made and cooked/ presented perfectly.
The atmosphere within the pub is lovely, very chilled out and happy surroundings.
Clean bar area and plenty of room for evening dancing yet still plenty of seating arrangements. There's a dart board and good music, last time I was there I even got to play chess...

Anyway, just wanted to share my thoughts and I highly recommend this for anybody, wether you're off for breakfast or pre drinks, its perfect for any scene.

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank Leah R

Poole, United Kingdom
“Perfect location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have come in to the angel many times and on a Saturday night it is an amazing place to be when the boss Jess is downstairs you can be guaranteed to have a good night, with the pub also serving food in the restaurant area separate from the main bar you can have a good night without worrying of interfering with the restaurant side, atmosphere is very good, they have a darts board which is always there to use for customers and darts teams, they have a front and back outdoors sitting area with the back being a perfect sun trap and the front having benches perfect for watching weddings. Service is always good even when it's packed there is more than one bar staff on .

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank Dlc1995
Poole, United Kingdom
“Absolutely superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

I came down to the angel on Sunday the roast was one of the best roasts I have ever had, I came in with my family in which the meal was 2 courses for £12.95. And if I was to bring some children then the meal for them would have only been an extra £1.
The bar staff really know about the real ales and all the other drinks they are serving. I have come in before and there is a young man behind the bar, no older than 20, that always greets everyone with a smile he introduced me to a real ale called 'cocker hoop' he let me try all the ales and explained what each one was and how they will taste, having someone like this behind the bar really helps the real ales and helps more people learn about the different types of alcohol out there
The restaurant side of the pub is well separated from the main drinking area, which makes it perfect to enjoy a meal without being surrounded by random drinkers like in other pubs, the angel has been redecorated and the chairs and tables changed which make it a more inviting place to come in and enjoy.
The atmosphere was outstanding with the acoustic band which wasn't too loud but good enough volume to be able to talk between us and still enjoy the music.
The service was fast and professional and I would recommend this restaurant to everyone. Since the angel has been taken over the food side has really picked up, in my opinion I think this is one of the best pubs in Poole

• Visited August 2014
5 Thank Jon B
“Superb ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

We went out for a family meal at the Angel last Saturday night, the food was absolutely amazing and the young lady behind the bar with blue boots and purple hair was incredibly confident and friendly with an amazing sense of humour and a lovely smile, The Angel is very well decorated and super cosy, the place itself and the people working there make it a warm inviting place, very pleased indeed and we will definitely be back soon!!

4 Thank Sophie M
Shanklin Isle of Wight
“Friendly local pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

This is a lovley local pub just beside the guildhall. The staff and locals are very friendly. We will definatley visit again when next in Poole.

3 Thank wilo2008