“Cold cold cold........”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Poole
Herts
“Cold cold cold........”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Didnt get off to a good start, after the trip down from London, we were starving, but consoled ourselves that we could have a nice meal when we arrived. 1st mistake ! On arrival we were told the restaurant was not open lunchtimes anymore as there was no call for it. It may have been nice to put this on the website! So we had to drive to the Holes Bay Premier inn to eat. Poor meal, dirty utensils. Back to our Premier inn... Room was clean enough, but road noise was quite noticable. But the real downer was the temperature. It was FREEZING !!!! The little wall heater kept cutting out, as the alleged max temperature was 23 degrees, but I can only assume it was MINUS 23. I told reception, they said they would send somebody up but they were busy, so after an hour of artic conditions we checked out.

I must stress the staff were most helpful, and put the refund through straight away, but I suspect by their resigned attitude that it was a problem they encounter frequently in the winter months. So come on Premier Inn, how about a bit of heat in the rooms?

Room Tip: Dont go road side, and only stay in the summer !
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EDTHETAXI
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Poole North Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn our main objective remains to deliver a high level of customer service in all our establishments. We apologise for the service you experienced at our hotel.

Your comments have been noted and will be duly investigated by both Head Office and the Management Team at our hotel.

Please be assured at Premier Inn we take the service provided to all our guests very seriously and your feedback will be duly followed up.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay we do hope that we can welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Naina

Social Media Team,
Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Chelmsford, UK
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed here for just one night as No. 1 daughter was training with UK Cadet Class at Poole Yacht Club. Normally I use Premier Inn for business but this one proved to be fine for families - well, our families at least (we were staying here with friends). It was up to the usual high standard of comfort and cleanliness that I have found in all the Premiers that I've stayed in. Unfortunately we had to go out for a birthday meal so we weren't able to try the restaurant which was a shame as the menu looked better than the 'Table Table' et al. ones I'm used to. The breakfast was excellent though - although our friends were charged for a 'free' child's breakfast (they should have got two under 16s for one adult). I don't think they queried it though. If we're back in Poole next year we'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We (me and wife) checked in On Saturday 24/11/12 for two nights. Very warm welcome, the receptionist was very helpful and seemed knowledgeable about the Wi-Fi connection as well. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. Bathroom very clean and good quality towels.
Housekeeping was excellent. Noise from the road was not excessive and didn't bother us.

On the down side, the room was cold and the heating would only go up to 23 degrees and cut out after a while, I assume when the room temp was around 23 degrees. We had to constantly switch the heating back on, and it took a while to warm the room.

Overall, Good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This Premier Inn is up to the usual high standard of comfort and cleanliness that I expect from Premier Inns and is why I use them when away on business. This one has a restaurant incorporated in the building and I ordered their en-croute chestnut & mushroom in a goats cheese sauce which was very tasty. I am not sure there is anything on the menu for vegans - but a vegetarian won't go hungry!
The service was over attentive as I was asked 5 times if the meal was ok - and in a way that they clearly didn't expect any other answer than yes! (typical British?)
Breakfast was their usual good mix and I always have soya milk but the restaurant was pretty crowded and there were not enough staff to keep the buffet topped up.
Overall a good stay for me on business - not sure I would stay there if on holiday.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We used this hotel as a base to get to corfe castle the next day which took about 20 mins. Really comfy clean friendly hotel. Nice bar to have a few drinks before dinner. Evening meal though was a bit disappointing my main course a veggie pasta was rather oily and overpriced. Exceptional value at book ahead price of £39.

• Stayed October 2012
Great Missenden, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Booked 2 rooms for a family trip to see one of the local attractions. I'd emailed ahead to ask for 2 quiet rooms and got exactly what I wished. The rooms were pretty pleasant and in good decorative order. It wouldn't surprise me if they overheat in the summer as no a/c but temperature was fine in early November.

The front desk was a little chaotic and I had to separately swipe my credit card to pay for each room rather than all together which was a bit odd given it was a single booking. They were overly keen to up-sell breakfast to me but actually having had breakfast I thought it was fair value given kids under 16 eat free.

What was a nice surprise was the restaurant on site. the food was nothing special - standard chain pub fare - but pleasant enough and i appreciated not having to drive somewhere else to eat as I wasn't expecting one on site.

Overall a cut above a travelodge and I'd stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Excellent Hotel, very comfortable rooms with everything you need included. Staff Team were brilliant, very helpful, polite & friendly. Housekeeping is excellent & the standard of cleanliness was tops!
We had been told about road noise before our visit, but I have to say we were not kept awake & we had the window open most of the night
The food is of a high standard & definately value for money
In a good position to get to Bournemouth, Poole & Monkey World