We stayed for 3 nights in North Poole paying £19 per night. The size, cleanliness and quality of room was good. The bed was comfy and the bathroom a fair size. However, the floors are rather creeky, especially from the people above us. It was good to have control over the room temperature as it was cold outside whilst staying at the PI. The car park was spacious. The reception staff were friendly and helpful regarding the local buses. We only ate dinner in the restaurant. I paid £9.30 for fish pie & peas. Bottle of wine about £11.99. Food hot and OK for price paid. Our room was at the front so only heard distant traffic noise when window slightly open.
Although the room and our stay at the PI was good we did have a few minor problems. Firstly the radio didn't work within the TV. As a radio 4 fan (and especially The Archers) this was a disappointment. I mentioned the problem to the staff but they seemed surprised anyone even wanted to listen to the radio. The TV worked but the message on the TV said no signal when I tried to get radio 4. We don't all need free WiFi and hairdryers a good radio signal will surfice. Another thing which bugged my husband was that they never topped up the decaff coffee. Each day he had to go to reception and ask for a few sachets.The bedside lights weren't that brilliant for reading either.
The PI is about 2 miles from Poole Quay. We ate at the Lakeside Fish restaurant (near Asda)which was very good. Drinks were cheap at the Quay Weatherspoons.There is an easy bus service into Bournemouth every 3 - 5 mins from Poole bus station. We enjoyed a day trip to Swanage too. Poole has the usual shops like M&S and there are large Asda, Tesco and Sainsburys. We went to the new cinema at Tower Park, which also has lots of eateries.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the outskirts of Poole, a short drive from Monkey World Ape Rescue Centre and The Tank Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Poole North Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Poole North Hotel Poole
- Premier Inn Poole North Hotel Dorset