“Good value”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Poole
Nailsea, United Kingdom
“Good value”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

What's not to like. Convenient location. Clean and comfortable room. The shower could have been more powerful but don't feel I should moan for twenty five pounds! Very good value and would definately book again

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Poole_Premier_Inn, Manager at Premier Inn Poole Centre (Holes Bay) Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear Shazdoz,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback about your recent stay with us at the Poole Centre Premier Inn.

I was very glad to see your positive comments about your experiences. When we have our £25.00 sale on, as we have had recently, this does provide really great value accommodation.

Thank you and we hope to see you again the future.

mark.perkins@whitbread.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Service at Premier Inn is good however Table Table is very poor. Quite a lot of noise from the dual carriageway which appears louder if you stay in the new part of the hotel. Our friend complained to Table Table and also needed to move rooms in the hotel because of noise above

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Poole_Premier_Inn, Manager at Premier Inn Poole Centre (Holes Bay) Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Martine R,

Thank for you taking the time to feedback about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry you experienced problems with our restaurant partners; I trust this was resolved to your satisfaction before you left?

In regards, to your comments about the hotel, due to our location next to the A350 Holes Bay Road, we do have extremely thick glazing that was installed when these rooms opened around 2 years ago. Therefore, I can only apologise if you were disturbed by the noise of this road. I will investigate if there is a problem with the window in your room as noise complaints when the windows are closed are extremely rare.

Once my apologies for any disturbance caused, and I hope moving to the new room resulted in a better experience for you.

Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I stayed here for 1 night before I Caught a train in the morning early, the room was clean and spacious with all the stuff you may need during your stay. The only problem with this stay was the air circulation system was not functioning correctly in room 54 I Reported this to reception but was not offered a refund however I did escalate the matter to management and the matter was resolved to my complete satisfaction immediately without any problem at all.

I will return again as I know premier inn is a good hotel chain and that problems do occur that are sometimes beyond their control but other than that a very good hotel...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Jordan B,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback about your recent stay with us in Poole. I was pleased to read that despite a problem occurring during your stay we were able to satisfy this to your satisfaction. As we do not have air conditioning in the hotel, our newest rooms are equipped with air circulation / heat recovery units which are interlinked with the bathroom extraction. As with air conditioning, these technical units can occasionally play up and I apologise this occurred during your stay.

Thank you very much for your kind comments and I hope to see you again the near future.

Guernsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Stayed at this Hotel for one night. We were very pleased to have had a room at the front, as on previous stays, have been at the back of the hotel. The room was large with a king size bed, very clean and comfortable. Large bathroom also spotless. Really cannot believe that we only paid £29.00 for the night for 2 people!!! That is real value for money. Staff were all very pleasant. Had a good meal in the adjoining restaurant, where the staff were very friendly and made sure that you were happy with your food. All in all, excellent. Will look forward to our next stay here.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear June V,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay with us. I was very happy to read that you had such a good time. We do have a number of our Premier Saver rates available at this time of year which represents fantastic value for anyone able to book them.

I hope to see you again in the near future.

Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Had 3 rooms booked over new year. Reception staff great and helpful on check in. Housekeeping polite and friendly. Great stay, rooms clean and fresh. Well done hotel management, give the restaurant chefs a lesson in how to do things right! Def stay again but NEVER EAT HERE!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Djh170169
Poole_Premier_Inn, Manager at Premier Inn Poole Centre (Holes Bay) Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Djh170169,

Thank you very much for your kind comments on the hotel and staff. I was really glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass your comments about the adjoining restaurant onto the team in the Holes Bay Table Table.

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Staff efficient and friendly, a credit to Premier Inn.

Table Table Restaurant handy and excellent value if you use the offers, fill in the survey and get a bottle of wine, return again and get one meal free, eat before 6pm for special prices.

I have a disabled parking permit and unfortunately 4 of the disabled spaces were blocked off due to the gales making some tiles loose, this meant only 6 remained close by. Generally I was able to park in one of these 6 .... but there was a strong demand for these places.

The room was clean and pleasant, the heating/cooling unit clicked on and off regularly and was somewhat annoying.

The Hotel is close by a dual carraigeway and would be noisy with the window open (in warmer weather). Overnight it falls rather quiet though, getting busy again at around 6am.

A lift would have been useful, dragging a suitcase up 2 1/2 flights of stairs as a disabled was a challenge ...... but only done once on arrival and then on departure. I feel sure that the Reception Staff would have assisted, but I didn't want to bother them with it.

Overall, a very pleasant stay of 3 nights - will visit again, maybe the weather will be more favourable (it poured down while we were there with gales blowing in from the coastal waters).

The bed was far too firm for me, I have to say and my back suffered in the mornings.

Recommended ... and thanks to the staff for all their efforts behind the scenes to make this Inn a jewel in the crown!

Room Tip: As no lift ask for a ground floor room ..... certainly avoid the upper floors if you are disabled an...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear MrRee007,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay. I was very happy to see such great comments about the team.

We did suffer some minor roof tile damage during the recent bad weather, and as a pre-caution blocked off a section of the car-park to prevent any loose tiles causing damage.

Thank you once again and we hope see you again in better weather.

Wiltshire
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed at Holes Bay, as we had tickets to a gig in Bournemouth, at the BIC.
This is a standard Premier Inn - nothing to report as different from any other Premier Inn we have stayed in. Purple and a great sleep!
However, staff in reception were excellent - really helpful when we asked about transport to Bournemouth (£2 single on the bus - which was only a 15 min walk max into town) and a £20 return trip in a taxi (after midnight) from the BIC... Bargain! Staff were ahppy to call taxi firms and give great directions.
Our only issue was that the following morning was Santa's visit to the breakfast area... which meant the place was rammed. To be fair, we were warned the night before, but there didn't seem to be enough staff to cope with a full house. That said, food was replenished quickly and stayed hot.

Overall... a successful stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Poole_Premier_Inn, Manager at Premier Inn Poole Centre (Holes Bay) Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Emjay3,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback about your recent with us at the Poole Centre Premier Inn. I'm glad you found our Premier Inn to be of the same quality as the others you have stayed in. I was also very happy to read you found our staff especially helpful.

Santa did appear at the Table Table restaurant on a couple of occasions over Christmas and this did lead to a surge in demand to eat what is already a very popular breakfast.

Thank you once again.