Open today: 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM

from $13.20
More Info
from $16.50
More Info
All reviews for sale factory shop worth a visit interesting place rainy day lovely place pots paintings gifts clothing souvenir cafe collectibles thousands activity clay quayside
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Visited Poole pottery amazing design maybe a little expensive but fantastic quality. The Christmas pottery was lovely so much to choose from

1  Thank Jean G
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I enjoyed my visit to this pottery demonstration area. Being half term the area had been set up for children to carry out pottery decorating. The two staff were also decorating items that can then be purchased in the shop. The shop has items of Poole Pottery that can be purchased along with Denby and Dartington glass. The shop also had other souvenir type items for sale.

1  Thank nigel_dorking
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A few days ago I visted Poole Pottery shop unaware it had closed down but to my delight a new shop had opened right next door. It is a much smaller space but still full with Poole Pottery which is very nicely displayed.
They don't have the clothing or cafe any more which is a shame but at least they kept the important stuff. We even watched one of the artists working hard painting away which is great to see.
The staff were helpful and very knowledgeable. One Lady guided me when buying a stunning one of one Vase and I could hear the passion she had for the new shop.
In all it was a shock to see the old building closed but a great relief to find out Poole Pottery isn't gone forever.
See you next year.

1  Thank Dean T
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I was excited that poole pottery re opened in Poole and even more excited when I knew I could visit.(I signed a petition and fought to get it back in poole, I loved the place that much). But oh boy what a huge let down. If it wasn't for the loud music blaring it was other really loud noises(sounded like pipes?) . The shop itself didn't have the magic the old one did, candles, fudge etc isn't important compared with the stock that was held before, and the cafe is just a machine, there were tables but they had been reserved, and would have been to loud to use anyway. The shop for pottery and knick knacks was not anywhere near as good as it once was,which is so very very sad. We personally don't think its worth visiting anymore ( that breaks my heart to say, as loved the old outlet, and staff (always helpful etc) , and we spent hundreds in it, it was like a treasure trove every where you turned there was more wonderful items, we could have spent all day in there, oh we did do ... In the past) , in parts this new outlet reminded me of a junk shop, excluding the odd quality bit. Sorry..... but will not be coming back whilst it's like this . This outlet is a complete let down. Rubbing it in as The old building is sitting empty. Am sad, it definitely didn't have the magic feel, and we were followed around by a male member-possibly security (I don't appreciate being made to feel like a thief never aware of this before). Previously bought amongst other things, an ornament of a Teddy (one of many on display, now only one out, no box no nothing)

Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

Ok place to visit. Nothing stood out though. I didn’t find the staff very helpful. Very spacious premises with lots of pottery.

1  Thank BlackKittens1990
Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

Lovely, friendly staff, nothing, was too much trouble. Whole family enjoyed the experience of painting pottery figures - so much fun and a lovely keepsake. Would come back again!

1  Thank Hannah P
Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

It is a real shame that this excellent place has closed down, it was really the heart of Poole! Now that it has gone, I doubt there will be many tourists. It was a lovely place and so interesting and I hope it reopens soon.

4  Thank jacobkings
Reviewed December 25, 2017 via mobile

I went on a coach holiday to Devon and West oast and it was enjoyable and we went Poole pottery and enjoyed it and would go back again

2  Thank Philipguest
Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

Terribly sad that poole pottery after 144 years is closing down. This place attracted me and thousands of others and is a major attraction to the town, bringing in millions of pounds. We personally can't believe poole council would be willing to give this up, I sincerely hope they find a property within poole, otherwise we won't be going back . Poole pottery can't be made in Stoke otherwise it's Stoke pottery. Coach loads were still arriving on 9/10 october. I managed to buy a little pottery but there wasn't much to choose from. I have signed the petition to try and keep it in Poole and hope others do to. I love the place and feel for the people that have lost there jobs. So very very sad.

Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

What a shame this sore is closing down it has always been a must when visiting the area apart from the strikingly beautiful pottery there was always so many other goods to browse and we never left without finding something to buy