“A handy place to visit, as its near the harbour”
Review of Poole Pottery

Poole Pottery
Ranked #1 of 9 Shopping in Poole
More attraction details
Owner description: Poole Pottery's rich history dates back to 1873 and has long been recognised as a centre of excellence for the most skilled craftsmen and artisans. Visit the working Studio and meet our Throwers, Artists and Designers. Watch pot throwing and decorating and find out more about how Poole Pottery is made. Discover the largest collection of Poole Pottery in the world. Giftware, Lighting, Quality Seconds, Collectors Corner, Vintage Tableware and Museum pieces.Discover a selection of unique pieces by our Studio artists, only made and sold at the Home of Poole Pottery. Feel inspired? Have a go at painting your own masterpiece in our Paint a Pot area. Find great bargains with two floors of Outlet Shopping: Gifts, Homewares, Fashions, Shoes and Accessories.Relax in our Pottery cafe on the first floor. We serve a selection of drinks, lunchtime meals and snacks made from locally sourced ingredients. We are situated right on the Quay in Poole. Group Visits and Coach Parties Welcome, Wheelchair accessible, Seating throughout the store, Baby Changing Facilities, Free Entry, Open Daily Monday to Saturday 9.00am to 5.30pm Sunday 10.30 to 4.30, closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and Easter Day.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Have been here a few times. usually call for something to eat and drink inbetween shopping and looking around the area. Staff all very friendly toilets clean. Nice having clothes up stairs to look through. PLenty of pottery downstains plus pottery being made, all very interesting.
Usually coaches stop outside to drop off and collect, so a nice place to end your tour of Poole.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Pottery tours are available but otherwise the shop is huge selling all sorts of household and kitchen goods. The prices seem high compared to other outlets. Live pottery demonstration on site free to watch.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I think there should be more places like this where you can see the things being made I bought two pots that are locle not the stuff that is made some where thousands of miles away

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Having struggled to park our Landrover anywhere in Poole (full car parks and height restrictions), we walked the short distance from our one hour street parking spot to the world famous Poole Pottery. We, rather unusually, entered through the shop and made our way into the workshop, a hive from where all the bees had, apparently, flown: previously, I have only ever witnessed such inactivity in Madam Tussaud's and even then, some of the waxworks were, seemingly, rather more animated. There was no potter at work and two artists who were far too involved in conversation with each other to smile, let alone interact with a mere tourist. The shop was very expensive and rather tasteless, generally, forcing me to wonder if Poole Pottery has lost both its charm and its position amongst the more esteemed potteries.
It was a very disappointing day out and I would discourage anyone from wasting their time and making a visit. However, on the bright side, there were some delicious cockles and whelks for sale, just across the road.

2  Thank SouthWalesGareth
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I've visited many times and things haven't changed much. The pottery sales are the same as always but nothing stood out this year and I couldn't quite see the connection between pottery and shoe sales! However, the shoes on offer were very good. I also liked the clothing range.

I always visit the cafe as it's one of the better ones in Poole but I was sadly disappointed this year with the quality of the teacake they toasted for me. There was simply no taste to it at all. My coffee was fine, as was the price. As usual, the cafe was very clean although the furniture is showing signs of age. The lift to the first floor is a bit of a museum piece!

It's the sort of place that I'll always visit when I'm in the area and I'll time my visit to avoid the inevitable coach parties that always seem to call in.

1  Thank BigTLancashire