“A Mixed Bag”
Review of Poole Pottery

Poole Pottery
Ranked #1 of 9 Shopping in Poole
More attraction details
Owner description: Poole Pottery's rich history dates back to 1873 and has long been recognised as a centre of excellence for the most skilled craftsmen and artisans. Visit the working Studio and meet our Throwers, Artists and Designers. Watch pot throwing and decorating and find out more about how Poole Pottery is made. Discover the largest collection of Poole Pottery in the world. Giftware, Lighting, Quality Seconds, Collectors Corner, Vintage Tableware and Museum pieces.Discover a selection of unique pieces by our Studio artists, only made and sold at the Home of Poole Pottery. Feel inspired? Have a go at painting your own masterpiece in our Paint a Pot area. Find great bargains with two floors of Outlet Shopping: Gifts, Homewares, Fashions, Shoes and Accessories.Relax in our Pottery cafe on the first floor. We serve a selection of drinks, lunchtime meals and snacks made from locally sourced ingredients. We are situated right on the Quay in Poole. Group Visits and Coach Parties Welcome, Wheelchair accessible, Seating throughout the store, Baby Changing Facilities, Free Entry, Open Daily Monday to Saturday 9.00am to 5.30pm Sunday 10.30 to 4.30, closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and Easter Day.
Lancashire
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“A Mixed Bag”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I've visited many times and things haven't changed much. The pottery sales are the same as always but nothing stood out this year and I couldn't quite see the connection between pottery and shoe sales! However, the shoes on offer were very good. I also liked the clothing range.

I always visit the cafe as it's one of the better ones in Poole but I was sadly disappointed this year with the quality of the teacake they toasted for me. There was simply no taste to it at all. My coffee was fine, as was the price. As usual, the cafe was very clean although the furniture is showing signs of age. The lift to the first floor is a bit of a museum piece!

It's the sort of place that I'll always visit when I'm in the area and I'll time my visit to avoid the inevitable coach parties that always seem to call in.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank BigTLancashire

Guildford, United Kingdom
164 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 172 helpful votes
“now very commercialised”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

It has changed a lot over the years and is now very commercialised - selling lots of different items. It is interesting to watch the potters at work and see children painting pots and there is a great variety of pottery to buy. The prices seemed reasonable on the whole.

Visited May 2013
maidenhead
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Free attraction good for all ages”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Enjoyed watching the potters making vases and painting the fired pieces. You can create your own painted piece from £6 - and collect it within a couple of days. Lovely coffee shop serving tea and cake. Also good for shopping, various items, clothes, Gifts, Cookery shop and of course some Poole pottery, new and collectors items.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Lovely”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We came here and the shop was lovely, lots of things to buy and I brought a large pot for £2.99 which I was very satisfied with! Nice shop and friendly staff, definitely come here if you are into pottery and ornaments.

Poole Dorset
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Part of Poole”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Poole pottery is right on poole Quay, yes it has changed over the years, you can enjoy browsing amongst the various stands, from a tea spoon to a dinner service and more , you can watch the potters at work demonstrating their skills and art work which the pottery is world famous for, prices for pottery vary from a few pounds to Gasp how much , some of it is modern some traditional. Upstairs you have the cafe and clothing.They have a lift to help you upstairs should you need this service.All in all a great place to visit.