“Decidedly.....Meh!”
Review of Inn in the Park - CLOSED

Inn in the Park
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wymondham
“Decidedly.....Meh!”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I had read mixed reviews of this Pub / Restaurant, but it was next door to my Hotel and I was too tired to go elsewhere.

On the night I was there it was strictly Steak or bar food and, after hearing several people behind me say how tough the steak was I went for a burger and chips. It was....ok! Not the best and not the worst I have had. So why does it only rate Average?

1. It wasn't very welcoming. No matter how much I smiled I didn't get one back from either of the staff on.
2. My food was fine (apart from the 2 pieces of bone/Gristle in the burger) but I could hear mumbles around me from other people.
3. The speed the food came out leads me to believe much of it is reheated or Microwaved. I watched one man come in and order a Curry. After seeing other food come out quickly I decided to time it. 3 minutes! No way is that cooked to order.
4. There was a dog sitting staring at me while I ate. Now, correct me if I am wrong but dogs shouldn't be in a pub that serves food should they?

Overall a very mixed experience. Would I eat here again? No. Was it ok? Meh, I suppose so.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Kimbers34

Poole, United Kingdom
“Nice bar and outside seating. Food acceptable”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

A very comfortable and nicely furnished bar. Good outside seating. Quiet location.
We went for Saturday lunch. Food was OK for the price, nothing special, but no complaints. Staff friendly and attentive.

1 Thank Jim M
Chester, United Kingdom
“Poor carvery”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We ate here on Sunday 8th having prebooked for 19:30. I think that was our mistake they only do carvery on Sunday and by early evening the remains of the meat was not good and very fatty with no other available - this is not good enough when you are charging £10 a portion. As mentioned by others the service is none to good. The plate size is also an issue. Whilst they are obviously guarding against people eating like there is no tomorrow by the time the carver has placed two slices of 'meat' on the plate there is not much left space for any veg and if you like gravy watch out, for even a small portion will overflow. The sweets were very good. One further word of caution if you do eat here make sure you book the restaurant area as the bar area is dog (four leg type) heaven.

Reading, United Kingdom
“Food disappointing”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Good welcome with a nice atmosphere. We went on a Friday evening and they advertised fish dishes we tried the cod and plaice but sadly the plaice looked and tasted as if it was frozen and the chips were not well cooked. Disappointing considering the pub is on the coast.

Poole, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We went back today for our carvery lunch as we are here on holiday, what a disappointment! I know they are bound to be busy on a wet holiday Sunday lunchtime but it would be nice to feel that your custom is valued. It was very much 'take it or leave it and we don't care which!' There were no seats in the restaurant so we were seated in the bar, the staff were not friendly or helpful. When we got our meal we found the meat tough and almost impossible to cut with the blunt table knives. I had the same problem as before with the tiny plate but when the very tough meat was added into the equation I ended up getting most of my dinner on my lap. I complained to the manager about the tough meat and blunt knife so he offered to bring me a steak knife, after one more mouthful of chewy beef I decided to give up on it and went for the steak pie instead, which was quite tasty. What a shame, we have to find another good carvery now!

1 Thank suezq122