“Very comfortable”

Ranked #4 of 50 Poole B&B and Inns
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Very comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

The rooms are very clean and well thought out. Breakfast is probably the best I have ever had at at a B&B and the wifi super fast. The train station is approximately a 10 minutes walk away from the centre of town. Peter and Janet are both very thoughtful, which you can see shines through in the accommodation amenities.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Janet S, Manager at Pineview Guesthouse, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Brad,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our facilities were able to meet your business expectations. Thank you so much for your review and we look forward to hosting you on future business or pleasure trips to Poole.

Janet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Hinckley, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Wow what an amazing experience being treated like royalty for 2 nights(wish it could have been more)Thank you so much Janet & Peter for such a wonderful stay,the welcome,foyer,bedroom & breakfast were the best we have ever experienced.Having worked in hotels in the past,i have never seen such friendliness,cleanliness & attention to detail that we received at the Pineview,we will be recommending to all our friends & family.Thank you so much for the lovely birthday cake & card,which i have not opened yet,not until Friday

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Janet S, Owner at Pineview Guesthouse, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Bev' & Steve,

Thank you very much for such a wonderful review, which should help our future customers to make a more informed choice. It is so gratifying to learn that we were able to delight you with our efforts and we shall look forward to hosting you again in the years to come.

Janet & Peter
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Janet and Peter have developed an excellent home from home for their guests. If you are looking for a guest house that adds those little refined touches that goes the extra yard, then I can thoroughly recommend Pineview. The accommodation appears to have had no expense spared in the quest to ensure guests have a comfortable relaxing time with them. yes I'll be back.

1 Thank Kappacino
Janet S, Owner at Pineview Guesthouse, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Kap,

Thank you for taking the time to send in a review about your stay with us, as I know you are really busy just now. It was an absolute pleasure to meet and to host you and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your business trip to Poole. Both Peter and I look forward to hosting you again during your next visit.

Poole, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

A lovely warm welcome from Janet & Peter when I arrived for a breakfast meeting was a lovely way to start my day.

The guesthouse was beautifully decorated and very inviting, whether staying overnight or just popping in for breakfast. The breakfast room was beautiful and a lovely array of tempting dishes awaited me. Every detail had been well thought out and the presentation was excellent.

I chose scrambled egg and smoked salmon which was delicious - only sad bit was that I wasn't able to finish it all.

Definitely recommend if you want somewhere to stay in Poole - beautiful guesthouse, a very warm welcome and great location

1 Thank Helen F
Janet S, Owner at Pineview Guesthouse, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Helen,

We are highly delighted that you enjoyed your short stay with us and that our services lived up to your expectations. It was indeed a pleasure to meet and to host you for your business breakfast and both Peter and I look forward to seeing you again in due course.

Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

My company booked Pineview Guesthouse for me as this was they place they tended to send people when they visited Poole - turns out they were spot on. I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. The room was gorgeous and had everything I needed. Janet and Peter were lovely hosts who were warm and welcoming despite the fact that I turned up late and were very accommodating and lovely during my entire stay. There is a wide choice of breakfast and portion sizes are generous. I will definitely be recommending this place to friends and family. :)

1 Thank Selina114
Dear Selina,

Thank you so much for taking the time to send in your lovely review. Both Peter and I are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to hosting you, your friends and your family in the future. Please email us with any further comments you may have regarding 'Sleep Quality' and we shall try our utmost to improve that area of our business.

krimpen
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

i would really recommend pineview guesthouse to anyone who likes service and friendly and helpfull hostes.
they welcomed me me warmly after i arrived wet with towels and hot coffee, very very good.
the room is perfect so is the bathroom , breakfast that is served is compleet and and really well done .
by leaving they set farewell as i was a friend for a long time allready .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank fietserholland
Janet S, Owner at Pineview Guesthouse, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Arie,

Thank you very much for your kind words and for your advice regarding map co-ordinates, which we have now included on our webpage. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and both Peter and I hope to see you again should you be visiting Dorset the next time you are in England.

Poole, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I had an amazing experience staying in Pineview. It begun with warm greeting by Janet and Peter in their house, they showed me the room and explained everything about facilities - I had my own bathroom, fridge in the room. Bathroom just 2 steps from the bedroom door, with a big shower and lights coming off when you step inside. Warm in the morning when you get out of your bed still sleepy.
There were two rooms they had in offer, I chose 'white room'. Big comfy bed, tv and radio, wardrobe and many chests of drawers. I felt there like a princess. Very nice white room with flowery accents on the curtains and some paintings on the walls. Janet put a small vase with flowers on the table - that was such a nice gesture! Even proper milk was in my fridge so I could have a coffee any time.
I was staying there because of work, so it was quite long stay. Peter offered to drop me to work until I get a bike, that was very kind of him! I really appreciate it.
I was under big impression of the breakfast. I mentioned to them the day before that I was vegan - they exactly knew what I could eat and had everything prepared. The menu was on the table, you could choose from a big list of many dishes, different types of drinks, meat free, special needs.
It was quiet in the morning (radio playing in the background) and we had a chat when i finished eating. Janet and Peter asked how was the food and if i want to eat something different the next day. Every time I chose a dish, it was excellent! Service and cleanliness without any doubt.
When I bought a bike, Peter helped me to check if it works all right and maintained it, even I did not ask for any help! That was unexpected and so nice. Peter showed me a good cycle path to get to work as well.
I was told about fireworks night on Thursday, and about other activities so I wasn't bored at all. Every time I was coming back from work they asked how my day was, gave me a glass of water or juice and we had a nice chat. In the evening I would have a 20min walk to town, or the quay. On my way back to the Pineview I felt I was expected when I saw lights in my room. I really felt like I was at home. We had lots of laughter. Friendly atmosphere made me want to come back.
It was the greatest place to stay so far (thanks to Janet and Peter!) and actually I don't think I could find a better one in Poole.
Don't go to the hotel, go to Pineview Guesthouse! :)

1 Thank Factoryxgirl
Janet S, Owner at Pineview Guesthouse, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Magdalena,

Thank you very much for your fabulously detailed review and we are thrilled that you have had such a lovely time in Poole. It was such a pleasure to host you and after 19 days you had almost become part of our family. Both Peter and I are looking forward to hosting you again soon.

Warm regards,