“Outstanding coffee, outstanding staff”

White and Black Coffee Company Limited
Ranked #5 of 33 Coffee & Tea in Poole
Cuisines: British
Description: Not only a cafe at a train station but one that takes on the best in any high street. Great coffee to drink in, or takeaway.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have used W&B for the past three years and have never failed to be impressed with both the quality of the coffee and the attention to detail by the barista, Mark. A welcome place of peace in a busy working week, with delicious coffee at its very best. Thank you.

WhiteandBlackCoffee, Owner at White and Black Coffee Company Limited, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

3+ Years of loyal support is proof that the team at White & Black were doing something right. We always recognise that new or existing customer's have choice and strive to make every experience as good as the first. Thank you.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

As a Poole-Waterloo commuter, I have been frequenting W&B for something like 3 years now, so have probably spilled a fair amount of money in to the till over that time - and for very good reason... W&B do the best coffee, the best cafe food and have the best staff in Poole.

Let me be clear; on my journey from my house to my office desk in Canary Wharf, I could get my coffee from: My house, The Poole station shop, on the train (Starbucks Via), Pret, Waitrose, Costa, Starbucks, Nero, Carlucios, or Birleys (and a great many others) - but NO. I *choose* W&B because it is head-and-shoulders above all of these options on all counts. Period.

Mark, the proprietor, is incredibly passionate about his coffee and knows intricate details about the chemistry and process of getting a perfect cup of coffee in to your hands on an almost alchemic level.

Make no mistake, this is no Starbucks or Costa experience - yes, they may have a slightly more interesting view out their windows (unless you happen to be interested in trains); W&B is much more an artisan coffee house - every cup of coffee is 'crafted', it is not churned out of a conveyer-belt-style process by someone who can't tell the difference between a filter coffee versus an espresso-based drink, but by true baristas who know good coffee, and won't settle for anything less than perfection.

Furthermore, great lengths have been taken to ensure all the other products available are of the highest quality - the ciabatta is sublime if you're after lunch, and the pastries are locally sourced, freshly baked and much better than what you'll find behind the counter at costa. W&B use excellent Novus speciality teas which are awesome (and I now use them at home myself). I've not tried the hot chocolate, but that's because they look outrageously indulgent (think 'melting an actual chocolate bar in to an already good-looking hot chocolate').

W&B is a gem of a place - a diamond in the rough if you will. If you're after a coffee, or a light snack, you simply can not go wrong by trying W&B once and frequenting evermore.

WhiteandBlackCoffee, Owner at White and Black Coffee Company Limited, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

That just made my day - It's just great to read such a positive review.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble of telling the community of your experiences; it means a lot to me that you have done so and in so much detail.

You almost ran out of superlatives, but if you think of any more you can always post a follow up!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

My fiancé and I attended one of Mark's Coffee workshops. At first we thought 3 hours is a long time but the time flew by. Mark is passionate about his coffee and we learnt so so much and had a lot of fun making coffee.
Although the café is situated on the Station Forecourt this is not a rail station café. You are in for a very pleasant surprise. The coffee is excellent and service friendly ....
Enjoy!

WhiteandBlackCoffee, Owner at White and Black Coffee Company Limited, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the trouble to post a review.

The 3 hour workshop imparts just enough knowledge to leave the delegate wanting more, not less and can be used as a tool to increase one's own technique or as a bit of fun whillst learning a new skill.

We also agree that our cafe at Poole Train Station (Coffee Junction) seems an unlikely venue to provide a fresh, clean, alternative to the established brands in the highstreet; but some how it just works.

I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

The place is dirty the coffee is weak and the staff look very scruffy. The cakes are covered in cling film. Would not bother.

1  Thank mjhc13
WhiteandBlackCoffee, Owner at White and Black Coffee Company Limited, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

I am so very disappointed that your experience did not equal that of the other reviewers. Perhaps you could contact me direct and give me a little more detail in order that I may use your experience as a learning excercie.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I didn't really care about the quality... I just needed a cup of coffee. Was I in for a delightful surprise with both the coffee AND that it was located in my local train station! Can you believe it?

I ordered an Americano and it was one of the very best I HAVE EVER HAD ON THE ENTIRE PLANET. I travel extensively and internationally and have seen my share of sad station coffee shoppes and ingested many cups of quite inferior coffee. The barista @ White & Black was professional with a serious attention-to-detail. He took great care in making my cuppa and I could taste the love!

I HIGHLY recommend making this a destination... way better than Disneyland, in my opinion.

WhiteandBlackCoffee, Owner at White and Black Coffee Company Limited, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review. It is always VERY flattering that a customer takes the opportunity to tell others of their experience in such glowing terms. For White and Black Coffee the marriage of an experienced Barista and Union Coffee (Foundation Blend) is hard to beat. Thank you again.