“Comfortable place to chill out”
Review of Circo Lounge

Circo Lounge
Ranked #32 of 383 Restaurants in Poole
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Circo Lounge is an informal, neighbourhood food led cafe/bar open all-day everyday where families, friends, and locals can come for a coffee, a drink, or something to eat in a relaxed comfortable environment.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I've been to Circo Lounge several times over the last few months. It's a really relaxed, informal place to chill out. I've been there with my husband for morning coffee, and I've visited with friends for an evening meal. Everything's reasonably priced and the spicy beanburger is one of the best I've ever had. Always enjoy a visit to Circo!

Jon T, General Manager at Circo Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Many thanks for sparing the time to share your recent visits to us.

It really is great to hear that you've enjoyed your time here chilling out and find us good value - that's exactly the kind of place we're aiming for.

I'm by no means vegetarian, but have to agree with you about our veggie burger! I've passed your compliments on to the team.

Thanks again, and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

The decor in circo is lovely and is situated bang in the centre of westbourne high street. The quiz on a Monday night is good fun and is always busy. There is always a relaxed atmosphere in here and it's a great place for chillin, enjoying a quiet meal, pre drinks and hang over cures. I often come here with my girlfriend and we both HIGHLY recommend the lounge eggs. My girlfriend is very well spoken, so to hear her say "get in my face" when I say would you like some lounge eggs with smoked salmon, is quite something!

This has to be my all time favourite title for a Trip Advisor review. I wasn't sure what to expect until I read to the end!

It's great to hear you both love the Lounge Eggs and would highly recommend them. Our Monday night quiz certainly has become a Westbourne institution!

Thanks for the review, it made us all chuckle here. May you have many more hangover cures at Circo!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

having recently moved to westbourne we have been trying out the local bars and eateries. I Love circo. The whole style of the place is just great, laid back, shabby chic with great weathered pine tables. I often have a coffee in the mornings here and you dont even have to wait for it, they serve it at your table. we did try breakfast one saturday along with alot of others and that wasnt good, nearly an hour wait and burnt strips of bacon more like the american variety than a good back bacon, however i was not put off and returned one evening...it totally changes in the evening, with candles on the table the ambience was fab. people of all ages sitting at tables chatting and dining, reminded me of a trendy london bar. We had great tapas for £7.95 which came with crusty bread. contrary to the other reviews, the staff are brilliant, but Ive only ever been served by girls...perhaps there is one moody guy spoiling the reviews? Its now my fave place in Westbourne and looking forward to using the garden in the summer... any place that the manager actually reads the reviews and wants to improve things is well worth a visit.

It's great to hear you love us!

You obviously had a little ropey experience one breakfast so sorry about that, but I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your tapas in the evening.

It's also good to hear you enjoy the way the Lounge evolves throughout the day into the evening. It's very important to us to make sure there's an amazingly relaxed atmosphere, no matter what time of day you visit.

I spend a lot of time reading guest feedback. It's definitely the most important way for myself and team to know what our guests love about us, but also where we can improve to make us even better. If you should ever find a moody member of staff please let me know at once!

One last thing, welcome to Westbourne! Next time you pop in don't forget to say hi.

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Had lunch on a saturday. It was very busy but we managed to find a table ourselves. Were told we will have to wait 50 mts for food.. Staff are friendly and polite. When the food finaly arrived, it was obvious some choices were better than others; poached eggs looked good, unfortunately my burger wasnt that nice. Probably a good place for a coffee or drinks with friends and nibbles but not the best option if you are really hungry.

Thanks for spending the time to write Circo Lounge a review.
It was definitely a very busy Saturday lunch when you visited so well done for finding a table!

I am aware there was an unacceptable wait on food on this occasion on the food side of things for which I am sorry. Without a doubt we could have done with an extra pair of hands in the kitchen, this is something I have addressed for our much busier periods. This is a reason, but please be assured I am not making excuses!

Also apologies you did not find your burger very nice. We nearly always get rave reviews about all our burgers on the menu, so we clearly fell a little short of your expectations on this visit.

We do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I visited this place with a friend in the morning, we had a coffee and a bacon sandwich which when it eventually arrived was mediocre. However, all the available tables were dirty so we sat at one and asked the waiter to wipe it for us. Imagine our horror when he wiped the table with his sleeve - then said "doesn't matter, my top was dirty anyway". Surely a case for some "elf and safety" action. We won't go there again!!!

Alexander K, Operations Manager at Circo Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for your review, please accept my sincere apologies for your recent visit, clearly not up to the excellent standard I expect. I would like to speak to you for some more information if possible, so I may carry out a detailed analysis. My telephone number is 07837 710950 or if you would like to contact me by email alexk@loungers.co