“Different experience”

Off Quay
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This charming little place delivers every time, fantastic food and always a warm welcome.I hadn't been for about 6 months and you always wonder whether a place can sustains such excellence but in this, it just gets.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

The chef/owner works magic with really creative, interesting and very tasty soups try the broad bean/feta/smoked salmon or duck/pomegranate and ginger - delicious fresh fish, crispy batter and super chips. Attentive warm, friendly service, great food, excellent value. Give it a try, you won't regret it

Reviewed October 26, 2013

My partner and I happened upon Off Quay after finding other nearby restaurants booked up; by the time we left we couldn't understand why OQ wasn't the most in demand among the several independent restaurants on the street. The service was excellent- so friendly and welcoming- and there were a good selection of starters and mains. The unusual homemade soup was really delicious and my partner loved his prawns/ salmon/ horseradish starter. While there was only the one vegetarian option on the main menu ( as with most of the restaurants nearby) it was a lovely, inventive dish with a twist ( great tahini mash and sesame/ chilli halloumi parcels) . A nice selection of wines at around £15 a bottle and if we'd have left room the puddings looked delicious ( nothing too stodgy, but unusual ideas like Pimms trifle and saffron and pistachio yoghurt.)

There was a large party in at the same time but this didn't affect the speed of service to us; indeed I was impressed at how efficiently the 2 owners served the group of 10 people with no long waits or incorrect orders. The restaurant has a pleasant, homely feel with good background music and nice touches such as chalks to draw on the table coverings- there is a well judged kids menu and the breakfasts sound good! They are open 6 days a week all day ( not Sundays I believe) and all in all were good value for a special treat; our bill came to around £55 for two starters, two mains, a bottle of wine and coffee. All in all, it was a lovely way for us to end our holiday here and I'm sure we will be back next time we are in Poole.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Wednesday evening... only two other diners. Great service, great food. My partner kissed me several times to say thank you!!(after we had left)
A fab intimate and social dining experience.
They deserve to do well. We will be back.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Impromptu dinner with my partner on a Monday night when there weren't any other guests around. The 2 owners were delightfully attentive and helpful.
The chef (one of the 2 owners) called Roger, produced wonderful main course dishes, one hake and one cajun chicken. We also had desserts, one creme brulee and the other a chocolate parfait, also very enjoyable.

We couldn't fault the experience and will return as and when we travel to the area again.