“Annoyed”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Deli on the Quay

Deli on the Quay
Ranked #22 of 360 Restaurants in Poole
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
West Kirby, United Kingdom
“Annoyed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

On a recent visit to Poole in May we found this great Deli which serves fantastic home made fresh sandwiches, salads, quiches and gorgeous cakes, all at a very reasonable price, the annoying thing is we discovered this establishment had been open over 5 years ago and we somehow have missed it on our annual visit to Poole and the surrounding area, we wont make that mistake again!
Would highly recommend it not only for the great food and friendly service but also the setting, not many seats outside, but if you can get one on a sunny day its an amazing view over the harbour

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Noins

Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
“Very good food & friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

It was on a cloudy sunday afternoon, I was in Poole with my wife and my son, and it was getting windy and cold, we were about to go home and then stumbled on this cafe. It is not very visible. What a pleasant surprise. The cakes were really nice, like proper homemade nice!! We absolutely enjoyed it and will be coming back to try the rest of the food.
THE BEST CAFE IN POOLE!!
I live in neighboring Bournemouth and I should know!!

• Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great modern cafe/deli”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

A breath of fresh air compared to the other rather old-fashioned cafes and chain coffee shops you get in Poole. Nice freshly-made food and cakes and decent coffee. A nice place to grab a newspaper and sit and watch life go by on the quay.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank nitere
London, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous Ice Cream!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

We stopped for an ice cream here, - gorgeous local ice cream in a variety of flavours, packed with flavour, creamy and delicious! The handmade deli items looked very enticing too! Definitely recommended!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Brikfan
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“The best sandwich I've ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

I was visiting my family members in Poole over the easter holidays and my sister told me that she had always wanted to visit 'Deli on the Quay'. It was a very sunny day so understandable, it was very busy. After walking inside, we were a little confused as to where the queue started and finished but the staff members observed that we looked a little lost and offered us a menu which explained all their sandwiches and showed us their specials board as well. After grabbing a table outside in the sun, we went to the till and ordered. Although there was a queue, you could see that all the staff were working as quickly as they could to help everyone and they were very friendly! Needless to say, the sandwich that I ordered was the best sandwich I have ever had (and very filling too). I would recommend this deli to everyone especially as the cake looked amazing! A hidden gem!

• Visited April 2014