“Birthday party”

Splashdown Waterpark Poole
Ranked #16 of 67 things to do in Poole
More attraction details
Owner description: Splashdown Waterpark is a great day out for family and friends. There’s something for everyone – from big kids to little ones – with some of the UK’s most exciting waterflumes.For the thrill-seekers, brave the Screamer with its sheer vertical drop. Plunge into darkness on the Black Thunder. And hold on to your pants as you shoot down the Spacebowl like a human pinball. Or if that sounds a bit like hard work, just go with the flow on the Mississippi Drifter.There’s the fabulous Little Buccaneers SplashZone with a starter flume, water play area and Buccaneer Bay, our toddler swimming pool. And, on a hot summer’s day, Buccaneer Beach is the perfect spot for a splash with the little ones. There’s even somewhere to play for little landlubbers.We’re open all year with indoor rides in the winter. In the spring, we take the slide outside where the Mississippi pours into the Grand Canyon. And, in May, bring on the awesome Screamer Tower – it’s fluming good fun! What are you waiting for?
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We visited Splashdown with 7 nine-year olds to celebrate our son's birthday last Saturday afternoon. We arranged the visit as a 'flume only' party. On arrival, we were met by our host who stayed with us for the entire visit and helped us with every aspect of the party. We all had a great time and huge thanks to Lucy (our host) for her help, enthusiasm and humour throughout. She was fab!!

Daniel C, Assistant Marketing Manager at Splashdown Waterpark Poole, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Hello Stephen B. Thanks for leaving such a great review and the staff recommendation. We are delighted to hear that your son's birthday party was so enjoyable. We have informed both Lucy and the management of your kind words and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Visited last week with my 10 year old and 2 of his friends. This is the the second time we have been. They had a great time, all the slides were open, including those outside though it was a tad cold for my liking! I went in with them, but such is the set up I could have happily left them to it; there is plenty of supervision. The place is generally up together as you'd expect for a public pool. I'd stick with a 2 hour ticket since I think you will have covered all of it very quickly. Of course we were there on a Friday afternoon out of school holidays, so it may be different at a peak time. All in all a pleasant experience.

Thanks for your review Emma R. We are pleased to hear that you all enjoyed your return visit to Splashdown. If you think it is likely you would visit us a bit more often, it is worth considering our membership scheme (£10 per child per year), which entitles you to £3 off standard admission to our waterparks and a whole load more benefits for Lemur Landings, our soft play centre on Tower Park. All the details of how to join and membership benefits are on our website. Thank you again for your feedback, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Just been for a birthday treat with six 10 year olds. Dan was our host and every one had a great time. We had a session booked from 11-1 it got a bit busy by the end but there was not too much queuing.
Thanks for the fun

Hi harryatkins. We are thrilled to hear that you all enjoyed the birthday festivities. Thanks for taking the time to leave your review and we will pass on your recommendation of Dan to the management team and Dan himself . We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I went here for my birthday party. I chose to go here because I didn't want a party with friends so I had an enjoyable one with my family. we arrived at 4.00pm and there was little queues but it was a tad pricey. the slides are great but only in good weather as you can feel the strengthening heat from the sun and the views are cool from the tops of the slides too. if you are looking for a thrilling but not too scary waterpark experience... this is the place for you! :D also you must go for at least 3 hours to have the full experience of the park.

1  Thank barry f
Daniel C, Assistant Marketing Manager at Splashdown Waterpark Poole, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Hi barry f. Thanks for your review. We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your visit to Splashdown. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

As much fun as the slides and rapids are, I felt they were unsafe, as it was poorly controlled. I slipped under at one point and was struggling to breathe and the lifeguard was distracted on his phone, then asked did I have a permit for my goggles I wasn't wearing anyway. I saw some girls who had lost their rubber rings and the lifeguard told them to get out, when the only way to get out was down the slide. He was rude.
The place also seemed dirty and there was only one till open. I doubt I will go again.

3  Thank WatPond