“Excellent food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Piccola Venezia - CLOSED

Piccola Venezia
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Description: This is a family-run restaurant that opened in the summer of 2011.I visited with my family last Friday and wanted to write a review to share our experience. It is an Italian restaurant, serving a range of pasta, pizza and other dishes.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I cannot praise this restaurant highly enough. Whilst we waited for our meal we were served warm bread with a dish of balsamic oil. our starter was a piping hot bowl of home made tomato soup accompanied by the most delicious home made tomato bread. my husbands main meal was a pizza and in his words 'the best he's ever had' and I had a creamy three cheese pasta. The sauce was fabulous as the flavours gelled so well together. unfortunately, The portion beat me and i was unable to finish. after a short break we enjoyed a portion of Tiramisu each, however mine was small as I was so full. The restaurant was very basic and comfortable. It is under new management of a husband and wife team with an excellent chef who offered to make anything specially once I explained that I was vegetarian. Best of all the food was amazing.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Parkstones little Italy on a plate”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Taking advantage of a meal for two offer we went along expecting second class treatment and meals only to have this misconception blown away by the friendly greeting, pleasant surroundings of this small family run restaurant.

We chose from the menu and were soon eating authentic flavours of Italy served by a charming waiter.

We had heard of the Tiramisu and even though it wasn't part of the meal deal we decided it looked too good to miss seeing it being delivered to an adjacent table.

Best I have tasted whilst eating out I must say.

Full marks for the Piccolo Venezia and one for the book for later on indeed

• Visited November 2012
“Under new management”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

When we arrived there was about 10 people dining. We ordered out starter and 40 minutes later it arrived. I ordered scalopes. They were horrible, they still had the roe attached and they were under cooked with no garnish.

For the main course I had carbanara which was very nice.

To be fair, the new owners were very polite and helpful and didnt charge us for the starters. I think they have only just taken over and just need to iron out a few problems.

Im going to go back in a few weeks and try it out again.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank andydebaser
Poole, United Kingdom
“Restaurants are not just about the food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

A voucher for a discount came through our door for this nearby restaurant so, as we had a special visitor, we booked a table. Disappointing service from the off. It was Friday, they were busy, but we had booked well in advance, so we expected to at least feel welcome. It felt more like they were doing us a favour by giving us a table.
The food was generally good, but they could have more options for those not wanting big meals. More salad options needed.
Looking at other reviews it would seem our host is not usually as tetchy as he was that night, however it was all a bit disappointing as we had hoped to offer our guest (not British) a more favourable impression of dining out in the UK.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Ferndown, United Kingdom
“Hidden Treasure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

this Italian restaurant is small and unassuming, but well worth a visit if you like freshly cooked authentic Italian food, good friendly service and affordable prices, will certainly go again

• Visited August 2012