“not impressed”

Pizza Express
Ranked #148 of 362 Restaurants in Poole
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wales UK
“not impressed”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Visited the restaurant after the cinema. On being seated we were asked what drinks we would like. I ordered a vodka lemonade, but was told NO vodka.......in a restaurant at 6pm at night !!!! Ordered a starter, which before we had finished the waitress brought over our main course, which we said we were not ready for. I ordered the Pollo Pesto hubby ordered American hot classico pizza. She eventually brought over TWO pizzas, but was told it was not what we had ordered. She returned with a pizza & my Pollo Pesto. However, she brought a thin base American hot Romano pizza ( not the one he ordered and it was only warm), which once again had to be returned and another made for him, by which time I had finished my main course. Once he had finished we asked for the bill, and yes ... we had been charged for the wrong pizza. It was a disastrous meal from beginning to end and very disappointed with pizza express! I cant even say they were busy, so no excuses!

• Visited November 2013

Poole, United Kingdom
“Good quality pizza!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We have eaten in here quite a lot and we always get served quickly. The food is good quality and we are always able to get a table on the day we require.

Visited October 2013
Poole, United Kingdom
“enjoy the food, service is good ”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

we went there on 16th oct, my husband birthday. enjoy it very much. food is nice, service good, i think every table is allocated to certain waiter/waitress, so sometimes you have to wait for your one. but overall good food and service

1 Thank may b
Blandford Forum, United Kingdom
“Great Night Out with Colleagues”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We have visited Pizza Express on numerous occasions for our work promotions. The atmosphere is great the staff are friendly and attentive. The food is always freshly done and to a high standard.

The only downside is that whenever we go here it is VERY hot inside.

• Visited May 2013
England
“Soulless pre movie experience... never again”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Most of the restaurant was blocked off and everyone jammed into one corner. Even so there did not seem enough staff. The staff were more interested in table clearing etc than checking on customers. I and my food got heavily sprayed accidentally from the waiter station with diversey d10 by an over enthusiastic waitress who did not pause or apologise. I thought the thin pizza would be authentic but it was just soggy. The whole atmosphere - help and diners - was glum. I left my jacket behind on the back of the chair in full view of all staff - nobody saw or cared, good job I remembered and came back. The whole thing was just a dull, graceless experience. The complete antithesis of Italian eating. I seem to remember years ago pizza express was quite classy. This was joyless start to the evening - we go to the movies at Tower Park once or twice a week and thought that Pizza Express would be a cut above the usual dreary suspects - KFC, TGI, Nando, Frankie and Bennie etc.... but no. Why are cinema complex restaurants always so mind numbing? Never again.

• Visited September 2013