“Great food”

Ranked #43 of 383 Restaurants in Poole
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Miller and Carter Poole is a restaurant that can cater for a wide range of guests. We love to look after people whether its for a casual lunch of business meeting, a quick meal out or a special celebration. Our business had a full refit a year ago so has beautiful decor and an amazing atmosphere. We specialise in our fine, great quality steaks which we are very proud to serve and also cater for other tastes including vegetarians.
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This has to be one of the best steak houses Ive eaten at. We were in a group of 8 friends. I had the steak and ribs. Both were very nice. My wife had a Beef Wellington. She loved it. With a starter and a main course each and a bottle of house red for the 2 of us it came to 70 quid. So not a cheap night out but worth the little extra.

what I didnt like was the lack of personal service. It wasnt busy on the night we visited. My friends wife was celebrating her birthday. He had dropped off some balloons earlier that day for the table. They weren't on the table and my friend had to ask where they were. We had to get up and buy our own drinks from the bar as there was nobody about to take our order. The food all came out at different times. By the time the birthday girl got her food the whole table had finished.

To be fair the manager gave her meal for free for the trouble, but things like this just shouldn't happen. If I go out for a meal I want it at the same time as everyone on my table.

To end this review I will say, I will be coming back. The food is excellent.

Millerandcarterpoole, General Manager at Miller & Carter, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Hi there,
i just wanted to take the time to reply to your comments, thank you for your feedback, im so glad to hear you enjoyed the food and will be coming back dispite the issues you experienced. Im sorry that it wasnt perfect for you on that evening but let me assure you that your comments have been fed back to my team. I hope to meet you personally next time you visit to ensure you get a first class experience with us.
Many thanks

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

I have been here twice with my father and food is really good. So impressed with this place. It has a lovely atmosphere and the refurbishment has been done so well. We will be returning without doubt and my father who lives in Bath is going this weekend to their sister steakhouse situated in the town. People, you must visit this place!

Millerandcarterpoole, General Manager at Miller & Carter, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Im in complete agreement with you, i love what they have done for us with the refit. The site in Bath is beautiful, im sure your father will love it. thank you so much for your review, look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Fantastic service from the onset and the best steak in the area. The staff were polite and friendly and always there to offer menu advice and top up drinks etc.

Thank you for your comments, im so glad you had a great time and like our steaks. Look forward to seeing more of you.
Many thanks

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I swear my husband nearly divorced me and married his steak when we dined here!
The service was second to none - it was such a delight to be referred to as 'Sir' and 'Madam'! The waiting staff were patient when I asked the difference of a few of the sauces and their description left me wanting them all!
My husband had a fillet steak cooked rare - my favourite - but being pregnant I opted for the lamb cutlets and asked for them to be well done. My lamb was so succulent and scrummy that I just wanted more! But the best was having a nibble on the less rarer bits of my husband's steak - melt in the mouth gorgeousness just doesn't even begin to describe it. I've told my husband to be prepared to arranged a take out fillet steak for me to consume on the ward after I've had my baby!!

I cannot wait to come back again and bring family and friends with us too. This restaurant is now definitely our 'extra special treat' restaurant!!

2  Thank NaughtyNigesMrs
Millerandcarterpoole, General Manager at Miller & Carter, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Good luck with the birth of your baby, there will be a fillet steak waiting for you to celebrate. thank you so much for your review im so glad you like the business. Look forward to welcoming you back with the new addition to your family

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Excellent food, very friendly staff. Nothing is ever a problem. Great atmosphere, all needs catered for.

Been here a few times in the past 12 months, always impressed, the staff recommend how your steak should be cooked, and it always gets top marks.

Never has cause to complain.

1  Thank Phil B

Thank you so much for your review, we are so glad you love our business as much as we do. We have a new menu coming on 11th March, if you like ribeye wait until you see the Tomahawk steak... its epic. A Ribeye on the bone to share 24oz....
See you soon