“Nice way of visiting the Jurassic Coast!”
Review of Poole Sea Safari - CLOSED

Poole Sea Safari
More attraction details
Owner description: 185 Million years in 90 minutes. Enjoy a fast RIB boat experience along the stunning Jurassic Coast, a World Heritage site. Seating up to 12 passengers, we provide scheduled trips, private charters for business, family and friends, Hen and Stag. Enjoy the fireworks and Air Show, with a private charter
Italy
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice way of visiting the Jurassic Coast!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I went with my family to visit the Jurassic Coast with this fast boat. The trip itself was great, the kids enjoyed it a lot, though one of the two had a bit of motion sickness. We were lucky, it was a beautiful day and the sea was flat, I am not sure I would go with a rough sea. 90 minutes is just enough, the view from the boat is fantastic, the ticket is quite expensive but it's aligned with the high prices of attractions that you find around England.
Just a remark, we didn't understand much of the explanations from the crew member, we are foreigners and he was speaking too fast and with some strange accent. Perhaps a booklet with multilingual translation would make this attraction more suitable for non-English tourists

250kts, Owner at Poole Sea Safari, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for your review. Regarding your comment on the multilingual booklets they are in preparation and will be ready for our next season. All our staff are locals and come with a "Dorset accent".
Regards

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Brilliant !!!!!!!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I bought this trip for my husband for his birthday treat and my two daughters came with us. It was fantastic !!! the guys were great and gave us safety tips and advice and a commentary along the way

We all had such a fantastic time as the sea was lumpy but it did not spoil the trip at all (and I am sometimes sea sick) but because it is fast it was not a problem, The price was very good and we all
are still elated from our experience.

We have a bed and breakfast and will tell our guests about this brilliant trip

1 Thank Christine G
250kts, Owner at Poole Sea Safari, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
It's nice to get a review from a local business as in these times we all need to work on giving the best experience to every guest so people keep visiting the local area. Thanks again.
Christchurch, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Just a great trip”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

If you like being on the water, a bit of speed, a bit of adrenalin (something akin to the log flume at Alton Towers), beautiful scenery and the chance to learn something about the amazing Jurassic Coast, you need to give Poole Sea Safari a visit, or 2 , or more. The first thing you notice is how courteous and professional they are - you know you are in safe hands. The RIB is state of the art and built for both "comfort" (I'll come back to that) and of course speed :o). If you're lucky, the sea will be fairly bumpy, because this makes it the kind of shout out loud fun you're probably hoping for. In this event, the jockey style seats provide the kind of support and "comfort" you want. The crew will take very good care of you and give you an informative and witty commentary as you wend along past Swanage. On the way back, they open up the taps and show you what the RIB can do - I won't spoil the fun - just do it!

We came back a bit damp - but beaming like children. It was great fun, expertly organised and and 90 minutes well spent. Great value for money - you can't do anything close to this much fun for the price. I wholeheartedly recommend it.

1 Thank Stubbsy55
250kts, Owner at Poole Sea Safari, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thanks Stu what wonderful comments and a really great review, we couldn't have asked for better if we had paid you :-)
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“AMAZING!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We LOVED this trip! Quite simply amazing! It was informative, scenic and exhilarating! We has 3 children with us 6, 8 and 9 who all had a wonderful experience too. It was absolutely the best way to see such a beautiful coast line! This trip made the holiday for me - Thankyou!

250kts, Owner at Poole Sea Safari, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for your compliment and are glad that you all enjoyed the trip.
milton keynes
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Trip to remember...”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Booked this trip as a surprise 50th present for my wife on August 6th. With 2 teenage boys I wanted to book her a trip that my wife & boys would always remember. My boys wanted to sit at the front and as we where there first we managed to get 1st and 2nd row seats. At the front you tend to go up in the air more in the rough sea and it is a challenge to breath because how fast you go.

This trip led us on to other trips as we saw some real nice places on the way that later on we explored.

I also had lots of correspondence from this company as I wanted to find out information and they always returned my messages. Recommend booking online as we did to get the time slot you want.

Great trip....

1 Thank jasond4375
250kts, Owner at Poole Sea Safari, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
We are glad the whole family enjoyed the trip, we do try to show and tell you the places along the coast that are worth a visit at another time.