“Wow”

The Lotus Lounge
Ranked #133 of 377 Restaurants in Poole
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Malaysian, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Recently changed name from Orchid Restaurant to Lotus Lounge but could not find that on here either. Lots of reviews on Google
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I have been to Lotus Lounge three times now and I cannot fault it in any way. The all you can eat menu is freshly cooked and has a wide range of dishes in tapas size which is perfect as it means you can try a few things from the menu. The service is exceptional, especially one lady ( blonde but undortunately I do not know her name) They go out of their way to make you feel welcome and don't try to rush you at all as some restaurants do. To top it off I find the price to be very reasonable for both food and drinks. Definitely my new favourite Chinese restaurant!

Reviewed May 24, 2014

I phoned earlier in the week to make a reservation. Although they were closed at the time, my call was returned promptly and my booking was taken by a lovely cheerful young lady. Although I wanted a booking for 7, she advised to come in a little earlier as they had several large parties.

On arrival we were shown to our table and the workings of the restaurant were explained. Although it is a buffet, rather than having a traditional buffet layout, the waitresses take your order and bring you enough of each dish for you to share. You can choose as or little as you want, and each dish arrives freshly cooked.

Soon after we arrived several parties arrived, and one was rather boisterous. Full credit to the staff as they handled that party really well. This did not affect how we were served.

Overall the staff were cheerful and attentive without being intrusive, the atmosphere was great, and the food was wonderful. I would highly recommend a visit! Thank you Rachel and all the rest of the staff for a great evening (and not singing"Happy Birthday" to my wife).

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Popped in here with friends Saturday night and were mighty lucky to get a table.
The food was fabulous, the staff were absolutely lovely and the bill was very reasonable as there was a fair bit of wine consumed.
Treat yourselves and make a booking now, will definitely go again next time we are in Poole.

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

We recently visited with our family of 2 adults and 3 children. We went fairly early in the evening and the restaurant was fairly quiet. The waitress explained we could have the tapas eat as much as you like for £16.95 got adults and half price for children or the a la carte menu, we opted for the all you can eat. We chose 6 starters, followed by soup, duck pancakes, then a main meal each plus rice and noodles. All the good as hot, freshly cooked and really tasty. We had 2 glasses of wine, 2 bottles of beer, 5 cokes and a juice and it came to £75.

The service was great the staff were knowledgable and friendly. We wee in the restaurant a total of 2,5 hrs and by the time we left it was extremely busy with a vibrant atmosphere. We will definitely visit this restaurant again.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Just returned from a lovely evening meal here. A warm welcome from the two ladies, and seated quickly with drinks soon to follow. The food was quick and amazingly fresh, even the prawn crackers were made to order. There was a wide variety of food, everything tasted delicious & nothing was too much trouble for the staff - they were very efficient and friendly with our little ones! Great price too for all you can eat.. Top marks for this place, would definitely recommend and return.

1  Thank monkeynuts321