“Lovely restaurant ”
Review of The Lotus Lounge - CLOSED

The Lotus Lounge
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Malaysian, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Recently changed name from Orchid Restaurant to Lotus Lounge but could not find that on here either. Lots of reviews on Google
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

We recently visited with our family of 2 adults and 3 children. We went fairly early in the evening and the restaurant was fairly quiet. The waitress explained we could have the tapas eat as much as you like for £16.95 got adults and half price for children or the a la carte menu, we opted for the all you can eat. We chose 6 starters, followed by soup, duck pancakes, then a main meal each plus rice and noodles. All the good as hot, freshly cooked and really tasty. We had 2 glasses of wine, 2 bottles of beer, 5 cokes and a juice and it came to £75.

The service was great the staff were knowledgable and friendly. We wee in the restaurant a total of 2,5 hrs and by the time we left it was extremely busy with a vibrant atmosphere. We will definitely visit this restaurant again.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Just returned from a lovely evening meal here. A warm welcome from the two ladies, and seated quickly with drinks soon to follow. The food was quick and amazingly fresh, even the prawn crackers were made to order. There was a wide variety of food, everything tasted delicious & nothing was too much trouble for the staff - they were very efficient and friendly with our little ones! Great price too for all you can eat.. Top marks for this place, would definitely recommend and return.

1  Thank monkeynuts321
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We walked in and got a table (though it was pretty busy, I think we got lucky). We weren't sure what the 'buffet' would be like, but turns out it's cook to order and a fine selection it was too. One price for everything, reasonable wine prices. The crispy duck was good. The waitress helped us along with ordering and the staff were very pleasant and attentive.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Tried this mid-week in May. The restaurant reasonably busy. I was welcomed by the two staff and served quickly.
This is billed as Chinese/Thai restaurant on the web, but seems to be more Chinese. The menu is basically all you can eat for £14.90 Sunday to Thursday, and £16.90 on weekends. There are no other prices on the menu, and I wasn't offered a drinks menu - having said that, I was pleased with the price of my tonic water - cheaper than all the other local restaurants I have eaten in in Poole.
Food quality is ok - very pleasant, freshly cooked and served in good time. I liked the style of eating - ordering small amounts of whatever you wanted to try. The menu suggests portions are 'tapas' sized, but I thought they were more generous than that. Staff were encouraging and suggested dishes to try and were also good at explaining the details of some dishes I was not familiar with.
Restaurant design is simple and unfussy - stripped wooden floors, linen table cloths and napkins.
This is great value for money - I left the restaurant fulfilled - and pleased with my £16.80 bill.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

It was quiet on the night that we went, the staff were not interested. 2 waitresses chatting to each other not really paying us any attention. The décor was disappointing, the windows were dripping with condensation and there was a hole in the floor right by our table leg so had to be careful not to move the table! The food was good, very well presented and tasty. I'd go back for the food.