“Good food - better than expected.”
Review of The Lotus Lounge - CLOSED

The Lotus Lounge
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Malaysian, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Recently changed name from Orchid Restaurant to Lotus Lounge but could not find that on here either. Lots of reviews on Google
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We walked in and got a table (though it was pretty busy, I think we got lucky). We weren't sure what the 'buffet' would be like, but turns out it's cook to order and a fine selection it was too. One price for everything, reasonable wine prices. The crispy duck was good. The waitress helped us along with ordering and the staff were very pleasant and attentive.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Tried this mid-week in May. The restaurant reasonably busy. I was welcomed by the two staff and served quickly.
This is billed as Chinese/Thai restaurant on the web, but seems to be more Chinese. The menu is basically all you can eat for £14.90 Sunday to Thursday, and £16.90 on weekends. There are no other prices on the menu, and I wasn't offered a drinks menu - having said that, I was pleased with the price of my tonic water - cheaper than all the other local restaurants I have eaten in in Poole.
Food quality is ok - very pleasant, freshly cooked and served in good time. I liked the style of eating - ordering small amounts of whatever you wanted to try. The menu suggests portions are 'tapas' sized, but I thought they were more generous than that. Staff were encouraging and suggested dishes to try and were also good at explaining the details of some dishes I was not familiar with.
Restaurant design is simple and unfussy - stripped wooden floors, linen table cloths and napkins.
This is great value for money - I left the restaurant fulfilled - and pleased with my £16.80 bill.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

It was quiet on the night that we went, the staff were not interested. 2 waitresses chatting to each other not really paying us any attention. The décor was disappointing, the windows were dripping with condensation and there was a hole in the floor right by our table leg so had to be careful not to move the table! The food was good, very well presented and tasty. I'd go back for the food.

Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Just stopped off there on way back to hotel & my 5yr old, missus &myself throughly enjoyed the food, the starters of crispy smoked chilli chicken & satays had to be order twice as so nice. The food is in small tapas size portions but can be ordered again then next is your duck then mains again smaller portions but you can try loads of different dishes this way. Only managed 4 mains between us as had already eaten plenty, young female staff are very helpful and attentive, explaining and advising dishes to try. Food was also served very quickly all together a lovely meal and good price. Will be going back next time we're in Poole.

1  Thank Graham C
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I went here with family for the evening after it being recommend to me by 3other people.
Upon arrival the staff were very welcoming and attentive. The menu was explained as was the ordering process. We arrived fairly early and once we'd placed our order the food came out very quickly but I'm guessing this was because it wasn't busy.
The food was all well cooked and tasty along with being plentiful. Ideal if you like tasters of lots of different dishes which is what we did. We tried things we'd not had before as it was all in the price.
Excellent value for money and a pleasant place to be. Will definitely be visiting again.

1  Thank annietalk