“Not outstanding, but good food”
Review of St. Peters Finger

St. Peters Finger
Reserve with OpenTable
St. Peters Finger is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 372 Restaurants in Poole
Cuisines: British, Bar, Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We dropped in to eat on Sunday afternoon - thought we would avoid the busy lunchtime rush, so decided to go about 3pm, however, Sunday roast had all gone. That was fine, but then asked for the lamb shank on the specials board, but none of that either! They had clearly been busy. We did eventually find something they had, but the lady who served me seemed to be unimpressed that I was taking my time to choose! I didn't get that warm friendly welcome. We ordered the steak and tanglefoot pie and the mushroom stroganoff, and the children had fish and chips, and sausage mash and beans. The food arrived quickly and my husband's pie looked lovely - he confirmed it tasted very good too! My son's fish was fabulous too, but my daughters baked beans had clearly been microwaved on the plate - they had a film over the top, as did my mushroom stroganoff. The rice with my stroganoff was lovely and while it was nice, it wasn't outstanding and to be honest was a little bland.

There are newer reviews for St. Peters Finger

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Good quality food (Value for money) and friendly staff. On a recent visit to the area we ate there three evenings out of five

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We really look forward to going to St Peters Fingers. Its not the cheapest (wine £15 a bottle) but looked forward to the service and food..

We booked last minute but we abit taken aback that we had to sit in the bar area rather than the restaurant area. The bar area is the bar area NOT the restaurant area !!.

We were then told after we sat down WE had to go to the bar to order the food (because we were in the bar area so restaurant rules do not apply!!) rather than the waitress take our order. When the food came I asked for more drinks..".I'm sorry but we don't do orders in the bar area"!!!!!!! .Is that is what meant to happen on an evening out?. Not a great way to have an evening meal that we were looking forward to. The price of the food is the SAME in both bar and restaurant areas!!!

They did it totally wrong: They SHOULD say "Sorry the restaurant is full so we have had to put you in the bar area (where it is the same price) but we would like to offer you a complimentary coffee by way of compensation (and of course we will serve you at your table just as though you were in the restaurant).

SO when booking make sure you get a table in the restaurant area!!!!!!!.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We visited St Peters Finger from South Lytchett Manor Campsite. It came highly recommended and certainly met expectations. It is rare to find such excellent attention to detail in terms of service.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We had friends come down from Leicestershire staying at the carvan site just up the road and were a lilttle apprehensive about taking them for a 'pub' meal as we have had many dissappointments at other public house / restuarants.

I must admit that I have never ever before had fish chips and peas in the last thirty years that were as good as these! My friend had them as well and both agreed that they were superb.
The ladies of the party had butternut sqaush crumble and mini pies and both were most complmentary about these.

Everything was 100% cooked to perfection and the sweets were delicious. Service was polite and courteous and an excellent time was had by all.
We wil definately be back!!

J.White and friends.