“Unhappy Customers”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Poole
London, United Kingdom
“Unhappy Customers”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My husband went to this hotel for our wedding anniversary weekend. The room itself was lovely with a comfy bed and nice bathroom. On the Saturday night there was a wedding reception being held, hence many unhappy customers. Part of the bar area was closed off to customers. When asked if we could sit at empty tables in the restaurant was told NO as it was only for people eating. This was at 10pm hardly anyone was eating at that time. An elderly lady wanted to sit down and was told to go outside. I could go on but that alone has put me off going back. The wedding party was extremely loud especially when we wanted to get some sleep......

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Marj65

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Been their many of times went for Sunday lunch all very wonderful xx the service was good we had a two course Sunday lunch for 22 pounds and the children can have half portions which is good as I have a child of 5 and a child of 7 they like it their two

• Stayed September 2013
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Went here for drinks on the terrace to enjoy the view. There had been a small rain shower prior to exiting on to the terrace and as the waiter showed us to a table I had to ask him to fetch a towel to wipe the chair & table, which he handed to me to do myself. Incredulous. I was further stunned when he asked me what I wanted to drink and I asked for a wine list. He looked at me and raised his eyebrows. I said 'wine list' he disappeared and a female waitress came out and said may I help you? I said I only asked for a wine list. She said 'im sorry he is new' I politely told her that if a waiter, all be him new, doesn't understand 'wine list' they need to look at their recruitment procedures! Eventually our drinks were delivered by yet another waiter and dumped on the table. My husband was so irritated at this point he went inside and demanded that they come back out, pore and taste and pore the wine as is customary, even in a dump like a Wetherspoons they do it. We didn't receive any nibbles, olives etc as one would expect from a hotel in such a setting and we had to ask twice for the bill, in the end giving up and paying at the bar. There was then a fiasco over our taxi which is too boring to relay but let me say we will never go back or recommend this place to anyone. Shame as the view is out of this world.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Bella00Emma
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in August 2013 and what can I say? Good food, warm service, amazing view and perfect location to nip to the beech or Poole Quay. We found this hotel to be a hidden gem and will definitely be returning.

We booked via booking.com and thought we got a cracking deal.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Austriancrunch
Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We booked a harbour view room (306), but it didn't look like those in the photographs, and like a previous review says, was quite small, there was only one armchair and you couldn't sit and look out of the window from where it could be placed!! You could stand between the bed and the window and admire the view, which is stunning and ever changing. In bed, I kept hitting my elbow on the bedside cabinet, and the bed valance was stained but everything else was very good. I'm told you can ask for one of the rooms in the on-line/brochure pictures. The staff were excellent as was the food and wine. The menu changes daily so plenty of choice. And you can use facilities in the sister hotels, two of which are a short walk away.

Room Tip: Ask the question about the room when you book… you may get lucky and get the view you pay for, even...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2013

One of my favourite hotels by the sea , we love sandbanks and the harbour heights and always have a marvellous time . This time we got room 310 which isn't a massive room , but has the best views from the balconies to the sea [ what a view when you wake up !] , plus a lovely large comfortable bed and a whirl pool bath . We also appreciated the kettle and the fridge , so we could have real home from home and relax as it was raining ! Recommend the restaurant for both lunch and dinner [ see my separate review for more details ]. The breakfast is lovely too as they take time to cook to order [ so much nicer than scrambled egg congealing over a warmer]. We also had some real home made style sandwiches as room service [ all food is local and made with care ] . Very pleasant staff through out and couldn't ask for more , Thank you .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Tried to book this hotel through booking.com in July for last minute break. Filled booking form in online and on it requested extra bed as we were travelling as 3. Later that same day got email advising that Hotel did not in fact have a vacancy and my booking did not stand. So, went on to book another. When got Bank statement in few weeks later I had been debited £196 for a "no show" from HH, who have since claimed the reservation did indeed stand.
I have argued until blue in face with booking.com who had contact with Didier at HH throughout my complaint. Unfortunately I deleted said email telling of "outbooking" as I assumed it was unnecessary to keep as my booking did not stand, or so I had been advised. I continue to try to retrieve but Yahoo do not retrieve emails older than a week they state.
To make matters worse the Hotel subsequently, and totally erroneously, claimed that I myself phoned to ask for an extra bed "because the receptionist remembered". Because of this said (fabricated) phonecall they say I definitely had a booking. I should like to see a record of their phonecalls on the evening in question as I most certainly did not call, my request had been made on online booking.com form.
It has to be the easiest £196 any Hotel has made as with the Summer we've enjoyed this year rooms were being snapped up.
Now with booking.com and Harbour Heights Hotel both not wanting to know and regarding the matter as closed as I did not show I am left out of pocket and with a very bad opinion of this Hotel and its administration. The only error I made in all of this was deleting an email in good faith. We shall definitely never cross its threshold, the area of Poole has many beautiful outstanding Hotels we will take our custom to. My advice? IF you use booking.com double check every booking detail and with this Hotel be aware.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
12 Thank MAH184
FJBHotels, Manager at Harbour Heights Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
The customer that wrote this review actually did not stay in the hotel at all (as stated in the review) through complications caused by Booking.com, not our website or central reservations. Considering the person never actually stayed at the hotel, the review should be removed.

Kind Regards,