“Has potential, but really just average”
Review of Banana Wharf Poole

Banana Wharf Poole
Ranked #17 of 381 Restaurants in Poole
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Arrived by chance & found a table, the waiter we initially met & the french waiter/owner were lovely. We had our 4 year old with us & she was welcomed which is always nice. We had moules & frittes, pork ribs & the salmon, crab & prawn alfredo. Arrived in 20 minutes, during which time we were not asked if we wanted more drinks so took a couple of trips to the bar. Food arrived, no finger bowl just a wipe for fingers. The mussels were poor considering how close to the sea we are, living in Weymouth I eat seafood often and know that these were well overcooked & chewy. The sauce was very watery as well. The seafood pasta was very bland, but the ribs were lovely. Paid £37 for all this, so average priced but below average food. On a side note & it made me angry some customers returned their hot drinks because they were cold, and I overhead the waitress say to the staff she wanted the drinks re-made scolding so the customers burnt their mouths, she wasn't discreet in this & really made herself look unprofessional & actually very stupid, she had dark hair & I really hope she reads this. How about just getting the drinks right in the first place.

Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

The food was nice and the views are amazing but the service is nor quick nor friendly, if you can put up with poor service the it is worth it for the views but it is a let down

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Took my goddaughter for lunch here and we had a great time. Food was delicious - we chose the Thai prawn and a red pepper pasta. A table by the window with a fabulous view of a huge Sunseeker being prepared for handover became available so we were asked if we would like to move across so we did. Staff very attentive and friendly.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We often travel to Poole to visit family & friends. This will be our second visit to Banana Wharf. Only this time we left feeling disappointed with the service and hungry due to the food being tasteless and bland. My Wife was upset from the minute we was shown to our seats. My daughter wanted diet and got full fat. The waitress seemed like she didn't want to be there. When we came in the summer this was not the case the service is lacking. The food wasn't up to our last visit. My daughter had the Mussels the sauce was watery and tasteless. My wife was happy with her cured meat pizza luckily. I had noodles which i had in the summer, only this time they didn't taste as nice and lacked chicken??? Think next time we will have to try elsewhere, as this place seems like a Miss. complete difference to my last review.

1  Thank peter c
Reviewed January 26, 2014

writing this review on behalf of my and some of her friends down from the north of England for a visit.friday was actually not bad weather wise and the girls had been stuck in doors all week I suggested she take them down to banana wharf for lunch as the views are excellent and the food usually very good.i was a bit embarrassed to hear how rude and unhelpful the staff were.when my wife and friends arrived there were four people in the place,my wanting her friends to enjoy the view asked for a table by the window only to be told no they couldn't citing management policy.they sat down anyway.as they wanted a light lunch they asked if it was possible to get some sandwiches and cakes only to be told no we don't do that sort of thing,no alternative was offered.my wife decided to make the most of a bad decision ie; going and have some coffee,personally I would have walked out needlesly to say I won't be walking in again.