“Yummy Lunch”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Ww finished our visit to Poole Harbour today with a visit to Banana Wharf,and what a treat it was!We started by having some olives which were served with what we were told were peppers,they were gorgeous.I then had a seafood Penne dish with succulent prawns,crab and a huge piece of salmon hidden in amongst the pasta,all swamped in a light cheesy sauce.My husband had a lamb curry which melted in the mouth and my daughter a chicken burger.Quite a wide selection on the menu,but everything we tried was delicious.Even the chips were scrummy.Wish I had left enough for their special bannofee pie but maybe next time as there certainly will be a next time.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Recently visited Banana Wharf while on a night out in Poole. We were intending to go elsewhere but I'm so glad we didnt. The welcome was warm & friendly & the team managed to find us a table even though we hadn't booked. The restaurant is quite small so I would advise booking. The view out over the harbour is just stunning & makes for a wonderful place to sit & have dinner. Even better the food matches up to expectations - the pizza & lasagna we had were just delicious. We will definetly be going back ASAP!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Fantastic selection of food cooked really well, I started with the calamari followed by the sea bass and chocolate brownie. All courses where cooked really well and the service was excellent. I will be going back when I visit Poole next.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We had lunch here and sat outside overlooking the quay which was wonderful. The food choice was great, definately something for everyone, the portions were extremely large and the quality of the food was very good. The only down side was the service which I must admit was slow, although the staff were lovely.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

We visited Banana Wharf on the last day of our holidays, and we thoroughly enjoyed our visit. The staff couldn't have been more friendly or helpful, immediately showing us to a window table without us having to ask. Our order was promptly taken and food arrived very quickly. We chose the antipasti to share between 3 of us and it was just lovely, simple and tasty. Main courses were great too, my husband and I both going for the salads - seafood for me and smoked salmon for him - we were advised by the waiter to go for the smaller portions and he was right, there was enough, even for my hungry husband! My daughter's chicken burger and chips was fabulous, she thoroughly enjoyed it. We finished off with the chocolate fondue shared between us, what a joy! It was scrummy!

I would definitely recommend Banana Wharf to others, it's in a great location, the views are fabulous, the food is great and the service is wonderful. It's not cheap but we certainly got what we paid for and felt that we got value for our money! Well done.