“A good hotel, well located”

Holiday Inn Express Poole
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Poole
Plymouth, UK
“A good hotel, well located”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

We were on business and the hotel was booked by an agency. Unlike other reviewer's experiences, we found the staff friendly and welcoming. Our room was spotless, although a little smaller than a Premier Inn room. The bathroom was well appointed, and had a large walk in shower which was great. How many people have a bath these days? The only problem with the shower was that it was not well designed and had caused water damage to the bathroom door. Staff told me that there are plans to address this problem.

We didn't have dinner there as it's a pizza/snack type menu, but breakfast was OK. There was a hot option, but only sausages and scrambled egg etc. There was no bacon.

The location was excellent, and both the city centre and the Quay (where there is a wide variety of restaurants) are within easy walking distance. The advertised tariff was £136 which would be grossly overpriced, but the on-line price was £63, which was good value for money. We would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Plymtree
GeneralManagerPoole, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poole, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Satat,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that the location, room and the amenities by the hotel were to your liking.

You will be pleased to hear that all our rooms are in the process of being refurbished by end of this year to Generation 3 Holiday Inn Express.

I hope we get the chance to say hello on your next visit Poole.

gm@hiexpoole.co.uk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

This was our second stay in this hotel and it was as good as we had remembered! It is located directly opposite the shopping centre in Poole and had ample parking. Check in was efficient, the staff were all really polite and helpful and the room was clean and spacious. We were really comfortable and both had a good nights sleep! Breakfast was the typical holiday inn style buffet and had a good selection. Toast, cereal, some cooked items, fruit, yoghurt, pastries and cheese were all available and were fresh and well stocked. A variety of tea, coffee and juice was also available.

On checking out we asked if we were able to leave our car in the car park whilst we did some shopping and staff were happy to accommodate this. The shopping centre is a 2 minute walk across the road!

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would have booked a second night while we were there if we could have. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank LJF84
Thank you for your feedback on the hotel following your recent stay with us.

Dear LJF84,

I was delighted to read that you found the hotel to represent good value for money - having breakfast & parking always included in our rates certainly helps when travelling with the family.

I look forward to welcoming you all back to the hotel the next time you are in the area

Uckfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

We found this hotel to be very convenient to the town centre, comfortable and with friendly staff. The breakfast was also very good and set us up well for the day. Lots of places to eat both in town and at the Quay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank afmmbob
Dear Afmmbob,

Thank you for your review of the hotel, naturally I was happy to read that you found the hotel to be in an appropriate condition and that you found the team helpful and friendly.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

After reading some of the reviews - after we had booked - we were ready to cancel!
When we arrived we were disapointed that although we had pre-booked as a Priority Club member we had to give all of our details again. The member of staff (Piotr) was very arrogant after I told him he had the wrong paperwork for us!
On going to our room which we found acceptable and fairly clean although somewhat dated.
The other members of staff were helpful and friendly. The food was OK but not a huge choice - but arrived fairly quickly and was hot.
There was a good choice for breakfast and getting seated was easy as the tables were cleared as they were vacated.
So all in all it was a reasonable three night stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jan D
GeneralManagerPoole, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poole, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Jan D,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you found our rooms to be very clean and comfortable and I will feed this back to my housekeeper when I meet with her later today. The cleanliness of the hotel is something that the team take great pride in, so thank you for your mention of this. I am not sure how "new" you think we are, but we are over 12 years old, so hopefully it means that we keep it looking clean, fresh and modern.

You will be pleased to hear that our rooms are in the process of being refurbished by end of this year to Generation 3 Holiday Inn Express.

I am quite shocked to hear about that you found member of my team arrogant, normally we get very positive feedback from our customers.

I can ensue you that I will follow this up with my team. It is only with guest feedback that we can ensure that we maintain our high standards & service and so this does not affect any of future guests.

Regards,

Sunderland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Nice little walk to Poole Quay and High Street, so decent location, only takes 15-20 mins.

.... And don't think you can cut through on the way back the housing complex on the way back from the Quay though, take the flyover as there is a train line adjacent to the hotel.

I found the staff to be some of the most unfriendly I've ever come across, and I stay with this chain a lot. It's not something that I really look for, but its worth commenting on. Hopefully just a bad day, with it being a Monday !!! Room wasn't ready at check in, and the one they changed me in to has seen better days. well used!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GeneralManagerPoole, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poole, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear ChipoSticko,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to hear that the location and other amenities by the hotel were to your liking.

We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I was most concerned to read that you found our staff unfriendly. Could I ask if you can email me at gm.@hiexpoole.co.uk your stay date & bit more detail regarding your experience with us in order that I can ascertain those involved.

If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

This hotel is very well located for a family break.The staff were very pleasant and helpful at all times.Breakfast was perfectly acceptable for a 3 star hotel.Lovely selection of pastries.However,the room was a let down and quite disappointing.But on the bright side our complaints about the room were taken very seriously by the Hotel manager.Who was obviously upset about our disappiontment and very keen to have only happy guests.We are reassured the hotel is very soon to have a refurbishment
and rooms will be a much higher standard.
Thank you to the manager Abi Gupta for giving us first class service in dealing with our complaint.We will return to the Hotel next year when you have had a refurbishment and hope to leave you excellent review.

• Stayed October 2012
GeneralManagerPoole, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poole, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Mr Mathew,

It was lovely speaking to you over the phone and thank you for taking the time to provide me with detailed feedback on your recent stay.

I am pleased to hear that the location, staff service, breakfast and other amenities by the hotel were to your liking, I have however, taken your point about rooms needs refurbishment.

As discussed, we are starting our refurbishment on 19th November to Generation 3 Holiday Inn Express; I hope we get the chance to say hello soon on your next visit to Poole.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Standard room with a funny smell from the bathroom constantly for 2 days. Noisy air conditioning unit which kept turning itself back on. One of the towels in the room had a sizeable rip through it. Sadly not the standard expected from the holiday inn brand. Breakfast was good although the number of children using their hands in the food was a little disturbing, although not at the hotels fault. One member of front desk staff was very helpful and polite (Piotr), whilst another member of staff was very rude when asking for the room key to be recoded.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear MattC9UK,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. The Holiday Inn Express brand aims to provide just what you need when you are away from home, and whilst your positive comments about Piotr are appreciated, you have indicated that there were other aspects of your stay that could have improved.

I am quite shocked to hear about the room smell and air conditioning noise issue, and other service issues you experience during your stay with us, Could I ask if you can email me at gm.@hiexpoole.co.uk your stay date with us in order that I can ascertain those involved.

Abi Gupta

Travelers are raving about these Poole hotels