“Good sleep, shame about the breakfast”

Holiday Inn Express Poole
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Poole
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The rooms are adequate & clean with a reasonable bathroom with shower. We stayed one night at either end of a weeks hoiliday & would not choose this again. Although the room was fine the breakfast is abysmal. Even at 7am on sunday morning when breakfast starts, the 'hot' food was only warm at best & consisted of overcooked, congealed scrambled egg, Sausages & solid baked beans. the coffee was sweetened & from a machine as was the orange juice which tasted metallic.

Room Tip: I think all rooms will suffer from traffic noise as the windows are inefficient a t baffling noise...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerPoole, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poole, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear scotsgirl42,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. The Holiday Inn Express brand aims to provide just what you need when you are away from home, and whilst your positive comments about the cleanliness are appreciated, you have indicated that there were other aspects of your stay that could have improved.

The specific breakfast quality issues that you refer to are not what the hotel aims to deliver, and it would be of assistance to me if you can email me at gm.@hiexpoole.co.uk your stay date with us in order that I can ascertain those involved and try to improve our performance.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Poole

Reviewed October 7, 2012

One of the few hotels left to offer 'smoking rooms' long may this last at this hotel. Excellent staff, nice little bar. Could do with a more interesting menu. Good location but not the greatest of views from the rooms. Functional, clean, reasonable cost. If the hotel car park is full - ask at reception for a ticket to park in the pay-&-display spaces.

Room Tip: Smoker friendly.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
GeneralManagerPoole, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poole, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear AandBAsh,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that the location, smoking rooms and the amenities by the hotel were to your liking, and that you found our complimentary parking arrangements easy to follow.

I was delighted to read that you found our rooms to be very clean and comfortable and I will feed this back to my housekeeper when I meet with her later today. The cleanliness of the hotel is something that the team take great pride in, so thank you for your mention of this. I am not sure how "new" you think we are, but we are over 12 years old, so hopefully it means that we keep it looking clean, fresh and modern.

You will be pleased to hear that all our rooms are in the process of being refurbished by end of this year to Generation 3 Holiday Inn Express.

I have however, taken your point about our menu was not upto your liking, this is something I am looking to improve.

I hope we get the chance to say hello on your next visit Poole.

gm@hiexpoole.co.uk

Reviewed October 4, 2012

This hotel is well situated and easy to find.Staff friendly and efficient ,our room was perhaps showing signs of wear but not enough to be a problem,the bathroom clean and the water hot.Our bed had plenty of pillows but was way too soft for our taste.
The bar was lacking in a bit of choice and was expensive although there are plenty of bars in town.The breakfast selection was good although no sign of hash browns mentioned by other reviewers.
We have family commitments in the Poole area and will be happy to stay here in future.

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerPoole, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poole, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your recent review on Trip Advisor. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

Thank you for your comments regarding our breakfast. We are glad you found our staff helpful and friendly.
All of our rooms are in the process of being refurbished and all beds replaced and we hope that when you stay with us again you can enjoy our new rooms.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Me and my father stayed here as we were going to a birthday party in Bournemouth and the Premier Inn was fully booked...... what an error!!!!!.....Stained Carpets... Holes in the curtains...Wallpaper peeling off the walls....AND i came home with flee bites!!!! We never even bothered with breakfast after seeing the state of the room, I should of complained but i didnt want the stress i wanted to enjoy my weekend. Lots of my family live in this area i will be spreading the word to AVOID!

Room Tip: Just Dont!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Rachelcmorris

Dear Guest,

I would like to offer my sincere apologies that you weren't satisfied with the service you received whilst staying with us. We take feedback on our hotel very seriously we will be addressing the issues raised with our team at Poole.
Please be aware that all our rooms are in the process of being refurbished and we hope you consider us when you return to Poole in the future.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

we booked this hotel with ihg employee rate. we had read very bad reviews on tripadvisor the gm's reply to each of the comment seemed like they didnt care much what people thought of the place. and i was kind of worried what we might end up in. some things were nice like the location from the coach station and the old town was close. i liked the exterior garden sitting area. the hotel from outside looked quite decent. but inside the welcome was quite sad, the front desk staff all look a bit weary and bored to be working there. there was one particular staff who seemed like she walked out of the adams family. i dont mean to be rude or harsh, i work in front desk myself and as a customer service representative i know how important it is to look presentable and pleasant. the room was fine. the furnitures were a bit work out and the carpet was dirty. and the bathroom could do with a deeper clean. i could see hair around the door stopper. and the fact that there isnt any shower curtain meant the bath door was damned and stained with the water from the shower. the food from the bar was horrible. i know its all frozen and reheated food, wetherspoon does the same aswell. atleast try to make it look decent. breakfast was a bit better, more options than normal hi expresses. we had a bit of a mixed feeling about the place. the place is quite old and does need some servicing work done,badly. regardless of who their clientèle is.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FarhanaShaanApon

Dear FarhanaShaanApon,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on the stay you had with us. My apologies that your time with us was no as good as it could have been and not what we seek to provide for our guests, as you yourself had alluded to.

All our rooms in the process of being refurbished from November 2012 as Generation 3 Holiday Inn Express, Please could I ask if you can email me directly to gm@hiexpoole.co.uk in order that I may get some more detailed information on your stay and establish those team members who did not deliver the level of service that we look to provide.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Excellent, helpful staff. Rooms clean and comfortable. Poor choice of food in restaurant if you are staying more than a night, although to be fair there are plenty of local eateries nearby but being a single female traveller I didn't want to go wandering round the outskirts of Poole by myself? The first night the room was right next to the railway and the fly over which was noisy. Second night I was facing the rear car park and slept really well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the rear car park away from the railway line
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DebStNewcastle
GeneralManagerPoole, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poole, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel, we are glad you had a good stay with us and found our rooms clean and comfortable and our staff friendly and helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Management Team

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Due to a late arrival in Poole on the ferry from Guernsey (which turned into a very very late arrival) I wanted somewhere to sleep for a few hours before driving north. I used 25,000 Priority Club points to reserve a room (or could have paid £100+.) No recognition of Priority Club status. The hotel is pretty convenient for the port, and was easy to find (by car.) Plenty of car parking spaces. Staff on check-in (at 5am) were friendly and efficient. I was given a note to put inside my windscreen to show I was a hotel resident, and the parking didn't cost anything (this was a friday night/saturday morning.) Room was on the 3rd floor. Decor was modern but cheap. Door of room didn't keep any corridor noise out. Bed was very soft. Bathroom appeared to be clean, but had those horrible wall hanging squeezy bottle's of shower/hand wash if I remember correctly. Breakfast was self service and basic. I do not consider this hotel to be anything approaching good value, and cancelled a subsequent stay I had booked.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank evapor8

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments regarding our breakfast, parking and location. We are glad you found our staff helpful and efficient.

Management Team