“New Year”

Holiday Inn Express Poole
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Poole
Reviewed January 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Poole over the New Year. We had stayed before and had found our room very clean (if a little dated) and the staff very helpful. This time we were allocated a room on the ground floor which I was not very happy about. On entering the room we found that it had been completely refurbished in shades of blues and lilacs which we found very relaxing, with full length curtains which gave feeling of space and two comfortable chairs on which to sit and watch television - the whole room was a lovely surprise with a beautiful new smell to it. The bathroom was light and airy. Overall we had a very pleasant stay with very helpful staff and the bonus of a complimentary breakfast. The only downside was that the bed had not been changed to king size on refurbishment and, being on the ground floor, the window needed some sort of blind or net to stop people looking in when parking. Hopefully every room will eventually be refurbished to the same high standard. We would definately use this hotel again if in the area.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerPoole, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poole, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2012

I would firstly like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our staff were helpful to you. It is also great to read your positive comments about our refurbished room, this was the first one done and others are to follow soon so it is great to get some feedback on this.
Thank you again for your comments, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed December 30, 2011

we booked to stay 2 nights at the holiday inn express in poole dorset over xmas.the staff were very welcoming and helpful,when we went to breakfast we were expecting a continental style breakfast but were delighted to also find hot option buffett which was great.
rooms were very clean and comfortable and the walk in power shower was great

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerPoole, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poole, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts on your recent stay with us. I was really happy that you enjoyed your stay and we met your expectations in terms of the facilities and especially the breakfast we provided.

I have passed on your kind words to my great team here and I hope to be able to welcome you back personally on your next stay with us.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

Everything was excellent at this hotel and I really like the service. The hotel staff is very kind, polite, prompt and helpful.

Room Tip: The hotel is located in a quiet area, so noise is not an issue.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your glowing review of your recent stay with us. I was pleased you enjoyed your room, the facilities that we offer. I have a great team here and will pass on your kind words to them.

I hope to be able to personally welcome you to the hotel on your next stay with us which I hope is in the near future.

Reviewed December 21, 2011

stayed here for one night whilst on business the rooms were clean and the shower large and powerful, tv has multiple channels and beds comfy. The evening receptionist was cold and not very welcoming manners and eye contact cost nothing. I would recommend it as a good place to stay if you want to spend a few nights looking around the area. The breakfast was self serve and pastries very good cereals toast and fried hot food available and must admitt been in a few of these hotels and the breakfast was quite good, could have done a few nights here and would consider staying here if in the area again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review following your stay with us. Whilst I am pleased to note that you enjoyed our room and breakfast. I am most concerned to read of your disappointment with our front-of-house team. We work hard to deliver a warm and friendly service and indeed recruit our team on these very same principles. Although I am sure your experience was a "one off" we will take this on the chin and review how we are perceived as we realise the importance of "first impressions".

Please rest assured that your comments have already been followed up and at your earliest convenience please fell free to contact me persoanlly at any time to discuss your stay further with me.

Kind regards

Reviewed December 9, 2011

It is some years since I stayed here and for a budget brand they do a good job. The staff were excellent, the wi-fi is free, the breakfast is a full breakfast and they now offer a limited dinner menu. The rooms were updated and comfortable. I live in the USA and know this brand. It is better than the Thistle Poole where I stayed in May. The only thing is that its location is not the best

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I was so happy to read your wonderful review following your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to do this and I have passed on your kind words to my team here at the hotel. I hope to personally welcome you back on your next stay with us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 7, 2011

Just had my second 2 night stay here.
Agree with previous comments about it being a little tired and the hot breakfast options aren't great eating. I've also stayed in quite a number of full service hotels and had worse breakfasts (anyway as the hot options have just been added to 'H I Expresses' it's not a deal breaker for me).
However having stayed in many of these over the years this one is clean, good staff, quiet but well located for bus and train stations and shopping.
My previous 2 rooms have had nice new TVs in with all the digital channels.

Room Tip: Stayed at both sides of the hotel, no real difference in noise levels.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I first and foremost would like to thank you for the positive comments you made regarding the staff, this is very motivational and much appreciated.

I am terrible sorry to learn of your disappointment. It was extremely unfortunate that the condition of the hotel has detracted from the enjoyment of your stay. We would like to assure you that this is not indicative of the normal levels of service and satisfaction our guests experience, and also very much regret that you found the breakfast lukewarm and not good.

We are in the process of refurbishing the hotel during the January - March and since the property has aged, I do agree that there are signs of wear and tear but we do try our best to keep the hotel at the best conditions, and we do not receive many complaints as such as yours, however you it is quite evident that you did not find the hotel at its best state but I can assure you that after the refurbishment you will be visiting into a complete renovated shining property. As per your mention about the breakfast, it is not always the case and I will investigate personally to see what went wrong on that particular stay of yours.

As noted from your comments, I can assure you of the fact whenever you visit us the next time, we will make every possible effort to live upto our promise that we always do on a day to day basis. You are a valued guest for us and we will make you feel valued. We would love to have you back in the hotel for a nicer stay, please do contact me whenever you wish to book in the near future.

We very much appreciate such constructive criticism, as it enables us to make improvements and to provide the high standards of service which our guests expect from us.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact me on 01202 649222

Reviewed November 28, 2011

Clean but very poor a raw installations for a Holiday Inn. Will do it for 1 or 2 nights but, seriously, kitchen closing 9pm, really?

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
GeneralManagerPoole, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poole, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that room was upto your expectation, however I would just like to mention that the hotel is going into refurbishment in a couple of Month’s time and the cleanliness is going to stay at the top of our priorities always as you found it. However, please accept my sincere apologies if the dinner timings were inconvenient for you as these are our standard hours of operations but the snack menu was available till late and our staff would have been more than happy to assist you with this.

Myself and the team at the Holiday Inn Express Poole would like to thank you for your custom and look forward to welcoming you back

Kind Regards