“A Jolly good end to 2013!”
Review of Jolly Sailor

Jolly Sailor
Ranked #121 of 381 Restaurants in Poole
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Went for a meal and drinks for NYE - service was good, food excellent and very reasonable prices! Only slight negative is that we couldn't use our £5 off voucher on our phone, had to have it printed out. This is not environmentally friendly and was a little frustrating!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Horrid lunch in there today. Have been before and it wasn't bad but after today's experience at lunchtime will never visit again. Poole Quay has much better to offer than this dump with chav staff (manager behind bar was wearing a shell suit and trainers which should have warned me to bolt from the place). Much better trying the Quay (Weatherspoons) or buying chips from the stall on the corner. The female who brought our food had a mouth of cold sores and a very aggressive offensive attitude. If I want a burger and chips I want full fat mayonnaise not light stuff. but was never given a choice. This has got to be the worst place I have visited in a long time. Please avoid this place unless of course you like dining off less than clean tables and made to feel like a prize idiot for choosing this sub standard gaff.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

After watching the xmas decorated boats last night 1-12-13 and all the beautiful festivities, decided to give
A go to a local rather than (basic but never dissapointing weatherspoons).
Outside they were selling mince pies chestnuts and mulled wine, very festives and staff nicely dressed as pirates. On entering was greeted with pleasant xmas decorations and a modern refurbished look.
We ordered bugers to make it simple. On ordering it was never mentioned about the length of the wait, i was asked which sauce i wanted with the burgers and never told it was extra charge its only when i was asked if i wanted onion rings that i said how much is it that i was told, i said no thank you and added that i only wanted what was included. Never did she mention the sauce would be charged extra. Even though only a small charge, i do no appreciated forced sales it leaves a slight bitter taste and will mean that i will never go fo a meal there again, what follows is a factor too.
Our dinner turned up 45 mins late, a table next to me had waited so long they left as the food was been served and asked for a refund...what a waste.
Our buns were very hard on top ( hence left under hot light for too long) i know the trade very well. My filling pulled pork was just about warm and cold by the time i ate half of it, the sauce i was made to pay two portions of, turned up as one dish on one of the burger plate?? The whole food was served on a piece of paper on a plate, the paper was softening and i am sure i ate some of it. :((
I think communication is key for improvement, customer must know clearly what is included and what isnt ( trading standards?), they must also be informed of ho long their food will take. Kitchen looks very small so they may not be able to increase the speed of service ( as it was not that busy ) weather spoon is quicker even when busy.chef to remember that food must be served fresh and hot. You wouldnt serve your guests at home average food so why would you expect people to come and pay for it? It was too late to complain anyway, it was late and i needed to eat something.
Wont go back. :((

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Popped in yesterday - family of 4 (including two kids under 5). Great service. Great food. Very reasonably priced. Definitely go back when in Poole Quay again!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

first time to visit since refit, which is very nice. Worked here 40 years ago so a pub close to my heart. But please sort out you bar staff with some proper training, My friend order a beer that was not full up. Barmaid was very rude when asked to fill it to the top. I asked for a medium rose and got poured a large white then changed to a large rose.Which as I had requested a medium rose as ordered as I was driving. She then altered this. Okay mistakes happen but why did the staff make it fell like we were to blame. when she just could have said sorry and it would not have been a problem at all. The only explaination I got from a girl my side of the bar was that she had to work until 5 am the the night before. Sorry but we are customers so Come On Green King sort out the hours and make your staff are not to tired to serve customers at 3pm on a Sunday afternoon when we out for stroll on the Quay.

1  Thank tammydog51