“Superb.”

Alghero Ristorante
Ranked #6 of 382 Restaurants in Poole
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Without doubt, the very best authentic Italian/Sardinian cuisine in a very wide area (Poole/Bourrnemouth/Christchurch). Their 'pasta' sauces are amazing amamazingamazing truly amazing
Reviewed May 6, 2014

My wife - who is Italian - says that any Italian restaurant serving 'garlic bread' (which is American!) or 'Carbonara' (traditionally eaten at home, not in a restaurant) is not offering a true Italian experience. So, whilst a dish of Spaghetti alla Carbonara will be no trouble (should you so wish), you will not find it (or garlic bread) on the menu, so there's a first big tick!

Strictly speaking the menu is Sardinian, although many of the dishes are classic Italian also. The food is delicious, and certainly as tasty as meals I have eaten in Italy. The portions are (really!) generous - indeed, if you are a light eater, be sure to ask for a smaller portion!

My absolute favourite dishes have been the Tagliatelle al Nero di Seppia (squid-ink Tagliatelle, with mixed seafood), followed by their home-made Tiramisu, which is so light I could almost have a second helping!

The restaurant atmosphere is always pleasant and the staff are friendly. We have never felt rushed - in fact quite often we have relaxed there until closing, chatting with other regulars, and Jelena and Luigi themselves.

Sometimes it is quite evidently busy, but a little patience is always rewarded with a great evening overall.

Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

This was my first visit as an Italian restaurant. I had been before when it was the Volcano Stone. The decor had changed and the bar had been moved. It looks great. The menu had a lot of things on it that we had never tried. The starters we quick coming out and the portion size was generous. The main course was fantastic and again a generous portion size. The quality was really good. I used to rate Diva in Poole the best but now I have a new favorite. Cost of the meal was reasonable. 2 starters 2 main courses a bottle of wine and 2 Irish coffees came to 60 quid. I will be coming back soon.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Such a lovely restaurant, we don't eat out often but the staff always remember us by name and even remember our fav wine(when we can't!)
The food is fresh and tasty, I can recommend the spaghetti pescatora, loads of seafood and delicious. Really reasonably priced, the wine is also not too expensive.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Good food and attentive staff. Superb attention to details which set the mood. To complete the dinner, a lovely birthday cake was presented.

The trio

Reviewed April 6, 2014

excellent food excellent service.went for birthday celebration.not often we eat out at home and very rarely italian.but was pleasantly surprised.the food was excellent my husband had calamari and the seafood spaghetti.everyone had a really wonderful evening.not too hot in the restaurant.just right.(the coffee was`nt strong enough.) ha ha.