Crown Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Have stayed here many times.The rooms have recently had a make over.New beds Flat screen TV.The staff are very friendly and welcoming.The one drawback is no en suite facilities.Would certainly go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel.Can be noisy at the back when people are in the smoking area.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We both ate and stayed here last weekend on a work trip to Poole. Lindsey and Jeff could not do enough for us and have re-ignited our belief that there are really kind people in this world. The food was lovely and the location is ideal for anyone who wants to be in the centre of Poole close to the waterfront. We will definately be staying here again when we next visit the area. Thanks Caron and Jared

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Cazza31
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Needed a twin room in Poole over one Saturday night. Most hotels in my price range were full, except the Crown - I should have realised this was for a reason. The Crown Hotel is basically a (reasonable) back street pub that does food at lunch time and in the evenings. I didn't eat there so can't rate the food but it seamed very popular. The rooms are in the building next door. The place is dark, damp and shabby. The rooms basic to say the least and smelly. Separate shower and toilet both with damp on the walls and tiles falling off the walls. Overnight the room was too hot with the window closed and too noisy with it open. All-in-all, this place is not worth £25 per person per night and I would avoid it at all costs.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank UKDAB
Reviewed September 15, 2009

Needing a place to lay my weary head in Poole I looked at various accommodation from the Hotel du Vin to the Premier Inn varying in price from over £200 to £75 a night but the Crown wanted a mere £25- an absolute steal. I arrived with a washing up brush expecting to have to do the chores at this price but amazingly there were no catches. The room was up two very steep flights of stairs but despite the 70's decor was clean and perfectly comfortable. It even had a TV. Not ensuite but a washbasin in the corner provided water for tea and a most generous basket of tea bags, coffee, etc would have lasted me for a month. The hotel is supposed to be haunted and indeed I was woken up by a terrible screaming at 5 a.m. I stumbled to the window to find a fat seagull calling to his mates. Yesterday evening, enjoying a drink in the yard at the back of the hotel Terry the landlord's wife came out with a huge, free tray of sandwiches- delicious. If you want a cheap, no frills hotel bang in the middle of Poole, go to the Crown. I will go back.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank MrLoz
Reviewed August 22, 2009

Having read a bad review I was a little apprehensive about booking here, I am so glad I wasn't put off. When we arrived mid afternoon and checked in at the bar it immediately felt welcoming and friendly. Locals and bar staff spoke to us like old friends (polite bar staff being a rare commodity these days). We were shown to our room by Mark the Manager and told that the restaurant opened at 6.30p.m. Yes, the rooms are tired and need some TLC, but they were clean and tidy and inexpensive. We had a drink at the outside area at the back of the pub and would have stayed longer but wanted to go into town and to Poole Quay which were only a stones throw away. We had dinner in the restaurant that evening and were blown away by the whole lobster and the baked crab at £12.99 each. What a deal! It's not hard to see why the restaurant was packed on a Tuesday night. We ate there the next night and had an equally good meal of home made Steak & Ale pie. If u want ano frills break in a central location, with fantastic food, and like being made welcome (especially the chatty landlord ) give it a try.
Mr & Mrs P. Guest. West Yorkshire.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple