“Excellent budget hotel”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Poole
Branksome Railway Hotel
Ranked #44 of 50 Poole B&B and Inns
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Excellent budget hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Booked this place last minute for a morning meeting in Poole. The room was a decent size, sky tv, tea making facilities, big car park. The service was great and the breakfast was lovely. It's an old pub, not a new flashy concrete premier inn, ticked all of my boxes, great budget hotel. If i have any more meetings that way i would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Weymouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2011

I am writing this review purely to warn you all truthfully what this place is like, as if you are reading this you are contemplating staying here.
Upon my fiance and i arriving we walked into a dull dreary pub with no proper reception for the "hotel" and was starting to regret booking our accomodation here.
Entering the room i was pleasantly surprised to see a sky tv box .
My "things are looking up" attitude to this place rapidly changed as when i went to go for a shower the second i touched the dial on the shower the whole shower fell off of the wall, this was balanced on in a way that whomever cleaned the room must have known.
I decided to carry on and have a bath, time was running short as we had to get to my brothers wedding reception.
I half filled the bath with hot water , to then realise the cold water tap completely doesnt work!
Then to my joy had the resident k9 barking all night long, no sleep!
When i complained in the morning the manager came down to speak with me, as i explained that this was clearly not what was advertised on the internet and for fifty five pound i am not expecting five star, but would at least expect a wash and a sleep he replied with a series of grunts and a " i will get the landlady to ring you", unsurprisingly i am still waiting for this call!
So all i can say is , SHOCKING! Unfit to leat a racoon sleep in this place.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Phill G

Travelers are raving about these Poole hotels

Plymouth, UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2011

I booked this for my boyfriend the night before my best friend's wedding. The reviews on Trip Advisor weren't too bad and it looked welcoming from the hotel's own website.

However, there were a few bits of the room and bathroom that could have been cleaner and actually had fully working lights!...despite having a SKY digibox in the room only 4 channels worked on the TV.
During the night the road right out side the hotel is busy with arctic lorries and after each one of those drove by the windows vibrated within their frames, so hardly got any sleep.
(was so bad at 4am towels were used to try and stop them from vibrating!)

Wouldnt recommend staying here...unless you dont want to sleep !!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank EmzFK
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2010

Surprised by the previous review. I stayed here with my husband and friends, we had no complaints. We were actually pleasantly surprised by the size and cleanliness of our room for what we paid and the ensuite also a good size. Was nice to see they provide shampoo, coffee and biscuits as don't even get this at some more expensive hotels.

We stayed at the front of the hotel so could here a bit of traffic noise. nothing too bad, our friends stayed at the back which was nice and quiet.

We got the train down which was conveniently outside the hotel and they have a car park that our friends used. It's in a good location between Poole and Bournemouth so we could easily get into Bournemouth town centre one night and drove to Sandbanks beach the following morning.

We booked breakfast for both days, glad we did as it was very good.

This is a small hotel that I would recommend. If you are expecting an immaculate hotel then go to one of the chains, if you just want a clean room at a good price then come here.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank Beth98
Southampton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2010

I stayed here with a group of girls, when we arrived we had the delight of using the car park, located at the back. This gave us a wonderful view of The Branksome Railway Hotel from behind the building, dirty and grubby with guests hanging out the windows shouting and smoking! When we entered the 'hotel' (laughable that they actually call it this), we entered what can only be considered a 'working men's social club' environment, it smelt, it was cold, drab and filthy. The reception staff / bar man, looked like he'd been put there by accident and was virtually clueless. After being harassed by the local drunks, who volunteered the information that they wouldn't follow me to my room, how reassuring! I climbed the stairs to the top, giving me the opportunity to look at every single dirty, hair-ridden stair in the building. When I arrived at the top, I entered my room, sorry, that should be storage cupboard - It was so small, and yet a double for two people, that we literally couldn't stand up at the same time! The bathroom was clean, as too were the sheets, but the broken smoke detector hanging of the wall, and the slimy dated curtains proved that if you looked a little bit closer cleanliness wasn't a strong point. The only saving grace is that the girls I stayed with made it great fun, we all checked each others rooms out to see who's was the worst! Hilarious! Unfortunately ours the smallest! It makes a great story, but it is never a hostel I'd want to revisit, even if you paid me! For £60 a night you could get a good budget chain hotel that would be clean, safe and comfortable, and you can probably have two people stood up at the same time too - what luxury!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank DeliciousDiningAdmin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poole
Premier Inn Poole Centre (Holes Bay) Hotel
Hotel du Vin Poole
Hotel du Vin Poole
#5 of 13 in Poole
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,114 reviews

Been to Branksome Railway Hotel? Share your experiences!