“Left wanting for nothing!”
Review of Grovefield Manor

Grovefield Manor
Ranked #9 of 48 Poole B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 27, 2013

It's immediately apparent that nothing is too much trouble and the welcome is one of the warmest you're likely to receive anywhere. Keith is excellent at the "front of house" stuff and clearly loves what he's doing. Happy to engage in friendly conversation and tell you the history of the property; this is a stay that will feel like a second home. From the very spacious lounge to contemporary coffee bar and expansive breakfast room, the Grovefield Manor excels at everything it sets out to do; they should be very proud. It's placed really well for a short walk down to Branksome Chine or you can cross the road and be on a main bus route into Swanage or Bournemouth.
Other staff are friendly too and the selection of fresh fruits at breakfast is commendable. A really nice set up and their success is very well deserved.A great stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John R

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed at this wonderfully located hotel for 10 nights and we enjoyed it immensely. Breakfasts were beautifully presented and prepared. A very good selection of fresh fruits each day and several cooked choices apart from full English including kippers and smoked haddock.
The hotel offers lovely bedrooms and ensuites, very comfy beds and tea/coffee making facilities which were most welcome. We particularly liked the breakfast room and lounge areas giving it a real country house feel. Charlie the cat befriended us both, such a handsome chap and a real character!!!
The owners, Keith and Barbara and their staff made us very welcome and nothing was too much trouble. We would highly recommend you staying here and exploring the surrounding area, there is plenty to do and see.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Keith B, Owner at Grovefield Manor, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Many thanks for your very kind review and it was a great pleasure meeting you both. You certainly saw a lot whilst you were here but I hope you had a good chill out as well. The staff read all the reviews and ones like yours make the job very satisfying. Why I am not quite sure, but Charlie is beginning to take over the number one spot on the review sites and I just hope he can maintain his high standards!! My sincere best wishes to you both, Keith

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We spent a couple nights in Grovefield Manor, me, my wife and two young girls. The room was excellent and accommodated us easily. The bathroom in excellent condition. The best part of the trip was the warm welcome from Keith and his staff. Before we had even checked-in, our youngest daughter kicked off her shoes in the hallway and settled in as if she was home!

Nothing better than starting the day with a superb breakfast, and a personal welcome and friendly smile.

The location is also excellent. Peaceful and beautiful. Bus service right outside the door, and a few minutes from the beach. What more did we need!

Grovefield Manor is highly recommended by us, and we hope we get the opportunity to go again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hafedh A
Keith B, Owner at Grovefield Manor, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Many thanks for the review; it was very kind of you. My wife was only commenting again today about how good your daughters were. They were as quiet as mice in the hotel and at breakfast their manners and courtesy were a credit to you, their parents. You mention that you would like to come again and we should be delighted to see you all, the family, again. My very best wishes to you all, Keith

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Hubby and I stayed booked for 3 nights. It was our second stay at Grovefield Manor. Keith, Barbara and their staff do a fab job.
Room; clean, airy and light.
Breakfast; yummy, fresh fruit, cereal, toast, full English.
Location; we love it as it is not in the centre of Bournemouth. The hotel is on a quiet residential road 5 minutes walk from the beach.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank debbie b
Keith B, Owner at Grovefield Manor, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Many thanks for the review Debbie and it was good to see you both again. We appreciate all reviews and thank you for taking time to write one. Best wishes, Keith

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and I were travelling through Poole while visiting from Australia in May 2013. An absolute hidden gem but nothing prepared us for when our host, knowing we had to wake up at 430am to catch the Stonehenge Inner Circle Access got up even earlier to make us breakfast, despite our insistence that it was not fair of him to have to do that at all! Accommodation was well heated, very comfortable and unique. Fast Wi-fi. Many great memories. We will definitely stay again if around the area! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review. If an establishment offers bed and breakfast, I do believe that is what should be provided. I am pleased that you enjoyed your short stay with us and I trust that the remainder of your holiday was very enjoyable. Best wishes, Keith

Reviewed July 21, 2013

You can read many of the reviews on this superb hotel which will tell you about how beautiful and comfortable the rooms and public rooms are,and how great the service is ,and how excellent the breakfasts are.and what a great location it is.and what good value .
They are all perfectly true.This is a truly wonderful find.
But this review is different .it shows you what incredibly kind people Keith and Barbara are.

A few days ago our builder inadvertently locked me out of my house half a mile away from grove field .i had never even passed this hotel before .it was 1145 at night and 2hotels hadn't answered.
I was desperate!!

Keith came down and answered the front door in his boxers(!).I had clearly woken the poor man up but having said they were full he then proceeded himself to make ready a room for me which had been vacated a couple of hours earlier as the guests had left in an emergency.

After a great nights sleep he invited me to breakfast and then only after I insisted,did he accept £20 for the night.
I was bowled over by his kindness .If he goes to theses lengths for a passer by just imagine what he and his wife will do to make your stay a memorable one .

What a total gentleman ,kindness personified. We shall return when overseeing the building works in slightly less stressful circumstances !!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank phillpot

Thank you very much Dylan for the review. Reading it makes it sound as though I am somebody special, all I was doing is what I hope somebody would do for me if I was in the same situation. Having made a more formal visit since our 'introductory special offer', you will be aware that there will always be room for you at the inn! My sincere best wishes to Linda and you and I hope the house build continues speedily. Keith

Reviewed July 6, 2013

the hotel is located near poole in a beautiful area. the house is really amazing and the rooms are wonderful. but the main point is the service ... it's been reaalllly lovely! Thanks for that! We can definetly recommend that hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dirk A

Thank you very much Dirk for the review. It is always pleasing to read such good reviews and I appreciate the fact that guests spend some of their valuable time to write comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Best wishes, Keith