“High Quality French cuisine”
Review of Isabels

Isabels
Ranked #4 of 372 Restaurants in Poole
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Went for our anniversary and the atmosphere was perfect. Cosy and romantic. The service was attentive and familiar, like they already know you. Our Italian server (looked like Barry Crier, spoke like a camp capello), was excellent fun, made it special. I had sea bream and my beautiful wife had monkfish - both stunning and accompanied by fries, glazed carrots, dauphinoise etc - too full to order desert. Onion soup starter was delicious and the 2009 la picherie was superb. I love this restaurant. 2 courses, wine and coffee came to £82 or £85 inc tip (only joking).

There are newer reviews for Isabels

Reviewed August 27, 2013

This restaurant is the best in Dorset ( in my opinion) certainly the best in Poole or Bournemouth . The service is great with friendly and helpful staff, The menu, which doesn’t change very much does have a good choice and the food is excellent...no steak knife needed here!!! . The restaurant is dark & cosy and romantic.. The tables are very close maybe a bit too close for a tete a tete but apart from that it really is a fabulous place

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I recently went to Isabels as part of a group of 8 celebrating a birthday. This is the third time I have visited Isabels and the experience has always been good.
It is the service of the staff that really sets off the restaurant. The waitress explained that we could mix and match any of the items off each menu, even the discounted ones, but we all decided to order off the A La Carte. When some of the party had queries about the sauces that accompanied some of the dishes, it was explained that we could change any sauce, ie red wine for mushroom etc if we wanted to, it seemed nothing was too much trouble.
The food when it arrived was good, it is not the best food I have eaten, but tasty. One of our party had the fillet steak ordered rare, but when it arrived it was well done. Once pointed out, it was immediately removed with an apology and a completely new dish was quickly made up and bought out.
The one thing I would mention is that Isabels do not seem to have changed their menu in years! Obviously they do not want to mess with a winning formula, but it would be nice to see something different on the A La Carte menu every so often. Also the menu is the largest I have ever seen in a restaurant. I would have thought they must have difficult carrying so much stock to enable them to serve every dish.
Overall I would be very happy to return to Isabels, It was full of customers when we went on a Wednesday night, obviously they are doing a lot right to get such loyal customers.

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is the best in Bournemouth. The food is incredible and the service is great. One of the best meals I've ever had. Incredible.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Have eaten here many times and the food is always excellent. The only downside is that the menu doesn't change that much and it is not an extensive menu, so we limit our visits to about four times per year. Staff are always very friendly