“If I'm asked where I want to go for a special meal- Isabel's is always first choice:)”
Review of Isabel's

Isabel's
Ranked #5 of 375 Restaurants in Poole
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fine Dining Restaurant with romantic individual booths, private dining room, lounge bar serving cocktails and arbor with Bar de Jardin for outside dining. Catering for life's special occasions.
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

My parents went on their first date (about 35 years ago) to Isabel's...and they say it hasn't changed, and I hope it never does. The food is always outstanding with a large menu as well as specials, I have never been disappointed with the quality and service. The atmosphere is romantic, although I have also been here for many family meals with my own children and we have all enjoyed the delicious food and the staff have happily altered the menu product to suit a young child. Always my 1st choice for any occasion.

1  Thank Emma_jo19

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Went to Isabels on friday night 8.3.2013, had never been before but I can honestly say we had the best meal we have ever had in poole. It had a nice atmosphere, service was perfect for us and the food was fantastic. I had a seafood selection to start and a trio of fish for main and my wife had melon to start and chicken for her main, to us the food was perfectly cooked and the side dishes are so tasty it truly was a mouthwatering meal. I believe you get what you pay for so if you want the best be prepared to pay for it. For us it was a perfect meal and if you are a true foody its well worth a visit

1  Thank Tony S
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I usually have a "date night" most Fridays and usually we look for offers available in our area using Table pouncer. Usually there is a lot to choose from but this time I wanted a special surprise treat so I chose Isabel's.

I have been before on a family occasion so knew what to expect in terms of quality food atmosphere and service. Please do not judge Isabel's on what it looks like on the outside. If you can book a table and give this lovely French restaurant a try you must! It certainly isn't a cafe rouge that's for sure. It's a gem!

To start we were given lovely little canapés to wet our appetite and they were a lovely treat. Not too over powering - just right. I ordered the fresh melon to follow and my partner ordered mussels. The presentation was superb and the taste exemplary. The dishes were light too so we were looking forward to a filling main. I had the sole which was on the specials menu and my partner had the steak. Both were extremely well presented and both had very different flavours. The steak sauce was rich and thick with flavour but complimented the meat (which was cooked medium) well. The dill sauce that came with the sole was light and delicate. Very refreshing. I would recommend both.

As we were quite full by this point we had decided to go for the ice-cream and sorbet for dessert. As you would expect most ice creams and sorbets are quite the same but what gave this dessert the extra tick was the wafers, edible petals and coulis.

The price of the menu was reasonable considering the quality and the standard of the food and I do know that they can offer set menus.

The only area of opportunity that I would say would improve the restaurant more is the lighting inside the main dining area!

Oh, and good luck trying to book; they are extremely popular and booked up most days in the week so booking in advance is a must.

All in all...9/10 o la la what a treat!

1  Thank Louise P
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Went here for a works party, we were cery well looked after by friendly staff. The food was amazing and it was enjoyed by us all. Will definitely be going back with my husband very soon.

Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Went here with my girlfriend as recommended by some friends who rave about this place and it did not disappoint!

We had goat cheese and the scallops to start with, both were faultless and perfectly cooked followed by the lamb fillet and the banana stuffed chicken in a mild curried sauce again both were divine! This was followed by tiramisu which was very light and just what we wanted after the other 2 courses!

Service was good and could have been better but the pace of service was spot on all in all 1 hour 45 for three courses and coffees not to mention canapés on arrival and by no means were we rushed to leave!