“Delicious meal in beautiful setting”
Review of Sevens Boatshed - CLOSED

Sevens Boatshed
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I chose this restaurant for a family meal for my nephews 21st birthday. The staff were very welcoming on the phone when I made the booking. They were more than happy for me to bring a cake and balloons with us. There were 9 of us in the group. The staff were very welcoming and attentive. Each course was cooked perfectly and the menu had some very original and tasty ideas. Would definitely recommend the scallops, the braised lamb and the baked yoghurt with shortbread. We could have had the birthday cake for dessert but having seen the menu we all wanted to get a dessert!
The prices for a starter ranged from about £6- £10 and mains from £12-25. I think for the dining experience and the quality of the food it was good value.
We will definitely go back there to eat again at some point.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

had a great afternoon tea at the boat shed, good food, great staff, Leoni being extremely helpful and attentive, will definitely plan another visit

Reviewed June 17, 2013

For a fathers day treat I booked a table for our family of three to have a luxury afternoon tea . I had booked a table over a week in advance and was extremely disappointed to have turned up on fathers day to be told there was no booking. The lady at the front desk was very rude, unhelpful insisting that I could not have booked when there was no record on the booking made. We have only been here once before and I loved it so decided to return but after this incident I will not return and my husband was so disgusted with the girls attitude towards us he did not want to eat there. Unfortunately now they have lost our custom because of such poor service.

3  Thank nattie093
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Uninterested staff, who show no interest in actually serving or tending to you. I had two glasses of sparkling water (not served in bottles) with my food, less than half a pint each and was charged £2.60 per glass. Incredible rip off...

However the food was reasonably good..

Wouldn't recomend it, but the scenery is lovely.. We won't be going back as there are much better options in the area..

1  Thank rustytrawler
Reviewed June 7, 2013

First impressions are very good with a 'trendy' bar & sun terrace on the ground floor and lift / stairs up to the chic, modern restaurant which has a lovely view out over Poole Park boating lake. We visited on a damp Wednesday evening and there were just two other couples dining which is unsurprising as it isn't cheap here. Our 3 courses were all very tasty and well presented although two of the three main courses were rather cold (we received an apology but nothing more). The service was good throughout the evening but this isn't somewhere we'd rush back to as it's just too expensive and there are so many other great places to eat in Poole and Ashley Cross just a few mins walk away.