“Our second stay at this great Premier Inn”

Premier Inn Stevenage North Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Stevenage
Mevagissey, United Kingdom
“Our second stay at this great Premier Inn”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We have just had a second stay at this Premier Inn. It backs onto the Lister Hospital, which we needed to visit and is perfect for the hospital. The staff are so friendly and welcoming. We used the Beefeater restaurant which is on the same site as the hotel and it offers very good reasonable food. The hotel is very clean and we would use it again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Annette F, Manager at Premier Inn Stevenage North Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Thank you for leaving us your review, we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I needed a budget hotel for a couple of nights and, having stayed at a Premier Inn once before, I thought I would try it again. It was (nearly) everything I wanted and required. The room was modern, comfortable and clean. The bathroom was spotless and everything worked perfectly. Most importantly, the bed was comfortable and there was even a choice of pillows. Even though the hotel was by a main road and the website warned that it might be noisy, I had no trouble dropping off.

The only downside was the Beefeater restaurant allied to the hotel where the meals were served. The cooked breakfast was great value for money but, unfortunately, over-cooked - I went for the continental on my second morning. In the evening the meals looked good, as long as you wanted to eat a jumbo portion. Personally, I find such meal sizes daunting and would prefer more 'lighter bites'

All in all, however, I would unquestionably recommend this hotel for a short, functional stay

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for leaving us your review we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us.
Swarland, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Premier Inn,Stevenage for three days last week. We found the staff very friendly and the facilities very clean. The breakfasts at the Beefeater across the car park were excellent and you could have as much as you liked. If you want a good value for money hotel in the Stevenage area this is the one for you.

Bill/Dawn. Swarland, Northumberland

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for leaving us your kind review.
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Friendly non intrusive staff. Clean and well presented room. A good breakfast and a very comfortable nights sleep. Would definitely stay here again.
The best nights sleep I think I've had in a budget hotel, but our room was at the back and I would imagine the front could be a bit louder of an evening.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review.
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Usually we stay in 4 or 5 star hotels, no need to anymore, when we arrived Vicky on reception was fabulous, friendly,courteous and explained everything fully, the room was spacious and spotlessly clean along with the bathroom,arrived on what has probably been the hottest day of the year, although no air con the hotel has tried to do its best to cool the rooms down, whilst there is no fridge in the room an ice machine somewhere in the hotel would have been useful,but hey for£29.00 what do you want .even when we checked out the staff were pleasant.

Room Tip: There is a hospital nearby and although we only heard one ambulance siren I suppose it depends on ho...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Annette F, Manager at Premier Inn Stevenage North Hotel, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your kind review. I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us and will pass your comments on to Vicky and the team.
London
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Stayed here as an overnighter while at a family wedding nearby. Check in was fantastic. Lady was friendly and very helpful. She was off on holiday after that, unfortunately for us. Room was sparklingly clean and fresh. Everything you need to be comfortable - shower was great, with lots of fresh towels available. As promised we had a great nights sleep. Breakfast was across the car park in the nearby Beefeater. It was chaos. We were seated quickly (which seemed to be the main aim of the staff) Not their fault, obviously poor company policy. It all went downhill from there. Took at least half an hour to have our order taken. Meanwhile I made some toast. No clean cups or glasses to drink from. 'They were being washed'! Hello! Yet a member of staff descended the stairs, at least twice while I waited, with armfuls of clean mugs. Was Costa more important than us? Eventually, we ordered and a v mediocre breakfast arrived. I was glad I stuck to toast. Worse was yet to come. I noticed shortly after leaving that my iPad was missing. I had left it behind on the bed.I rang back and was asked (by a young receptionist) to call back the next day when housekeeping staff were in. I did. They still weren't in. Hours later, I called again and was told nothing was 'handed in' I asked if behind the bed was checked and was told, very hesitantly, but also very rudely, that it was. Clearly trying to fob me off. I rang again, and got the same person next day and was told they looked 'when I rang' . I challenged that. And was told manager would be 'in' 24hrs later. So I expect I will not see my iPad again, but feel the hotel should take responsibility. I left it on the bed. Such poor customer service, unreal in this day and age. Maybe, I was unfortunate to get an inexperienced receptionist on 3 consecutive occasions. But really, a chain as big as this should really train their staff in customer care. My property, left on your premises,should be safe. Or retrievable. BTW its showing up as being accessed since then in Rickmansworth.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank cityssliker
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Stevenage North Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. We are very pleased that our team at the hotel ensured that you were well looked after. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our breakfast service did not meet your expectations.Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured we take the security of our guests very seriously and we would like to investigating this matter with the Management Team Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I booked a double room for one night as I was visiting friends in the area. The check in was easy and the staff were very pleasant. The room itself was very spacious and very clean. The only downside was that the room was facing the road so the traffic was quite loud at night, but the location can't be helped. Overall a great hotel and would highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. If you stay with us again please dont hesitate to ask for a room away from the road.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevenage
Holiday Inn Express Stevenage
#6 of 11 in Stevenage
Holiday Inn Stevenage
Holiday Inn Stevenage
#4 of 11 in Stevenage

Been to Premier Inn Stevenage North Hotel? Share your experiences!