“A superb hotel”

and 1 more site!
Archways Lodge Hotel
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Stevenage
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Archways Lodge. The staff were incredibly friendly on arrival and throughout my stay. My room was excellent and the level of cleanliness was absolutely top class. The mini kitchen situated in the room was very useful aswell as unique. The room overall was perfect for the nature of my stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 20, 2012

A very lovely welcome as we arrived very friendly, value for money our room was fantastic,we had a twin room but it had its own kitchen fridge microwave very good, and the bed was so soft home from home.

Big bonus huge car park so no worring about parking our car or paying out

Would come back most certain of that,keep up the good standard

Lee Plymouth

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my partner to attend a wedding locally. We were greeted by friendly staff, who offerred to help with our bags!! How refreshing! The room was lovely, very clean and the mini kitchen was really well equiped, with a fridge, microwave and kettle. It was nice not to have to be up early for breakfast and we brought our own supply of food which suited us very well.
The 'welcome basket' was a nice touch with free snacks, such as crisps, biscuits, orange juice and tea/coffee.
We could not fault the cleanliness of the rooms, Very comfy beds.
When we visit Stevenage again, we will definately stay here, as it is very close to our friends and the quaint Old Town of Stevenage.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Excellent hotel. Allows for independence and freedom and yet is friendly and welcoming. I stay every year on my annual trip to the UK.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Clean but double rooms not worth more than 40.00 a night max. Get the impression the people that stay here are on a cheap weekly or monthly rate like the contractors that frequent this hotel. Although clean room and nice staff I was very very unhappy that I did not book either of the travel lodges in Stevenage where the rooms are much bigger they have baths in the rooms, a bar and restaurant and only a few pounds more per night. Only booked this hotel to support local business and avoid the so called 'Soulless' corporate hotels I had been staying in for nearly 3 weeks in Stevenage. However, I realised after staying at this hotel I like 'Soulless' and that this idea of chain hotels being 'soulless' is pretentious clap trap!!! I want a bath, a bar, a restaurant the option of having breakfast in bad, space and room for a pony!!!!

Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Nancy22
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Have stayed here on 2 occasions for 3 nights at a time in a family room. The hotel is really good value and I wouldn't bother looking for an alternative in Stevenage unless I was planning a luxury blow-out.

The rooms are very clean with nice decor that is not 'in your face' or as basic as the colour schemes in most budget hotels. During the winter months, the rooms have been nice and warm. There is ample room and no difficulties parking.

Each room is equipped with a fridge, kettle and microwave which was perfect for us with a young baby. There is wifi available and we didn't have any problems getting online although it can be a bit sluggish when everyone's in during the evening.

It's close to the old town which means you can walk to a variety of shops and restaurants without any difficulties and it's easily accessible from the A1 and not hard to find.

The staff are all really friendly and helpful.
The only drawbacks are i, the place doesn't do breakfast which could put some people off if you absolutely have to have toast or a cooked breakfast - however, there is a sainsburys cafe a short hop up the road and ii) the towels are very small and a bit tired but you could take your own.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2011

A very simple but great hotel. When i arrived i was greeted by a very nice chap who simply told me where things where, took my payment and showed me to the room. This is all that was needed. The room was just the right size - no cat swinging but about the same space as your bedroom at home, less the large wardrobes. All very clean and well presented too. There is no restaurant providing meals of any sort but this suited me perfectly. Instead all the rooms are provided with a Fridge, Microwave, Kitchen sink and plates etc. You also get the usual tea and coffee as well as a couple of free snacks and orange juice. Extra tea etc. is avaiable for you to help yourself near reception too. As a female travelling alone the last thing i really want to do is venture out to sit in a restaurant on my own. I took a microwave meal for 1 cooked it and ate in my room whilst watching a bit of telly. There is a sainsbury's just down the road so you could easily grab something from there rather than carry something with you. This also means that no breakfast is provided but again i just took a pain au chocolate and heated it in the microwave. Not everyones idea of great but suited my needs perfect on this occasion. Don't worry about food smells in the room either. There were no unpleasent smells from the previous guest. As the microwave is hidden in a cupboard it seems to stiffle the smells. This hotel would be great for people who do want to venture out as you are very near to Stevenage old town and as there is no breaky you don't have to get up too early to get it. Settle for a brunch after you have left instead. Most of us only eat the breakfast because it comes as part of the deal rather than because we actually want it - especially mid week. I also had a room with free wifi so i spent my time catching up on emails etc. Check out is easy too. As you can't charge anything to the room you just post your key on the way out. If i do need to go back to Stevenage i would stay here again.

Room Tip: A room on the second floor may have a little less noise as floor boards are a little creeky. Nothing...