“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Stevenage
Newport, United Kingdom
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Spotlessly clean room was well equipped if a bit small.
Staff very friendly. i paid £60.00 for a double good value for money.
Very good breakfast selection my only critisism sausage was hard.
Unfortunately we had a couple next door who kept us awake through the night.
Not hotels fault tried banging on wall but did'nt work.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Rhondda, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2012

nice enough for the price. easy walk to old town, breakfast good

Room Tip: some road noise affects front rooms
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
wisbech
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Very warm welcome,and thetheroom was tidy and well equipped.the bathroom was small but clean and well kept.EXCELLENT BREAKFAST SELECTION. EVENING MEAL MENU VERY EXTENSIVE. A MOST ENJOYABLE STAY.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kevin d
Malton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2012

A fairly average hotel, the room was quite small and the bathroom very small. room was clean when we arrived, however the bin in the bathroom was not emptied during our four days stay and the towels were not changed during our stay, even when we left a very damp towel on the floor to be changed it was thrown over the shower door when we returned. The breakfast was good there was a wide range of cereals, yogurts, fruit etc. choice of eggs although the cooked breakfast was a bit too greasy for us, but everyone else seemed to enjoy it. Unfortunately during our stay there was an electric generator outside our window which kept me awake most of the night, also the walls must be quite thin as we heard people in the next room talking till late in the night. The staff in the diningroom were friendly and helpfull, however the man who checked us in and out hardly spoke and did not even ask if we had had a good stay. We wondered if he had had a number of complaints about the noisy generator so didn't want to to hear any more.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Stayed one night prior to going to a funeral. The hotel is absolutely spotlessly clean; bedding and towels are white not grey. Breakfast set us up for the day it was so good. Freshly cooked, 2 rashers, sausage, mushrooms, tomato, baked beans and as much toast as you wanted. Juice, cereals, tea coffee all plentiful and the staff were so nice and welcoming. We forgot our map of where we were going and Frank printed one off for us, which was really kind. All in all a very good stay, value for money and one we would recommend to all.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Vienne, France
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights whilst visiting relatives. I booked a single for my Father and a double for us. I emailed to check whether the shower was a walkin as my Dad can't get into a bath and Frank phoned me to confirm that it was.
John and I were in room 18 - ground floor rear looking onto the large car park. Quite a small room but with lovely French repro furniture and a super comfortable bed. We both overslept on our second morning, most unusual for us! The en-suite was small but sparkling clean with a high tech but simple to use shower. Water pressure not bad and the enclosure was cramped but we managed. We had a single wardrobe with plenty of hangers but all in all the drawer space in the room was tight. Our plain M&S undies obviously take up more room than the silk French ones that these drawers were designed for :-)) We also had a Corby trouser press with integrated ironing board with an iron. I've never come across this before and was quite impressed, likewise with the bathroom extras which were shower gel, shampoo, cotton buds, shower cap, dental kit, shaving kit haven't encoutered the last two before in this country!
I did mention to Frank the bathroom shelf which is low down over the basin and gets in the way of face rinsing and teeth cleaning.
Dad was in room 3 - upstairs front. A lovely spacious room with a separate shower room and a larger shower cubicle - still high tech but easy to use. Dad managed it quite well. Large double bed and comfy chair and good secondary glazing which kept out all the A62 traffic noise.
We had breakfast and a couple of evening meals in hotel. The breakfast starts at about 6 am and was included in our price. The food was good and tasty and portions were generous. The dining room has more of the French influence which looks great but I found the table a little wobbly. Dad doesn't eat meat and found his options a little limited but enjoyed his choices.
The hotel looked lovely from the outside and had loads of car parking space which is handy as we travel in a LWB Minibus. Right on the A62 so handy for getting anywhere, walking distance to the old town high street. It was clean and comfortable and Frank, Sophia and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Thanks to all for making our stay very pleasant.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank johnsbint
Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I stayed here on business as I had a meeting close by the next day. The check in was slightly odd, the room itself was very dated, although looked reasonably clean, however, the bin had not been emptied in the bathroom which makes me wonder if it had been thoroughly cleaned. I ate dinner at the hotel which was pretty good, I had to wait some time at the bar to get served but after I rang the bell a couple of times someone arrived. I didn't eat breakfast but the ladies who worked at the hotel noticed this on my checkout and were asking if I wanted anything before I went which was nice. This hotel is ok, but probably not any more than that.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business