“Thank you from my engineers”

Ibis Stevenage Centre
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Stevenage
Baldock
“Thank you from my engineers”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I thought I should say thank you as an engineer that was fixing one of our printing presses stayed at the Ibis and couldn’t say enough about how good his stay was.
We were recommended this hotel by a friend and it didn’t let us down.
He said that he had never thought of staying at an Ibis and was pleasantly surprised.
I hope they are all as good as this one as he said he is going to try more.
Great stay and highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ruslana Y, General Manager at Ibis Stevenage Centre, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback regarding the stay of your engineer.
It pleases me that he now has a good perception of an IBIS hotel. It would be interesting to know who recommended our hotel, so I can thank them for this.

If you need any accommodation in the future we can generate a prefered rate?

Ruslana Yarmolyuk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Milan, Italy
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Hello everyone,
First of all i would like to say that this hotel was worth every penny i spent to stay there.
If i compare the price to standard in this place is very very good. Rooms are really cheap and well kept by the service, and i need to add that cleaning staff is really helpful and friendly. When i dropped my cup of coffee on the carpet, they helped me to solve this little problem with smile on their faces and didn't even expected my excuse for this. It's really nice to see that people who works there are to make your holiday easier and relaxing(i've been in many hotels in the UK and it wasn't always like that). In standard you get 4 pillows for yourself and other stuff like this. Bathrooms are really clean and smells nicely.
I also need to write that food was always fresh and tasty. How about the bad aspects? Me and my wife haven't spotted any like for this quite low price :)
I hope to come back there next year and i can promote this place to everyone who wants to come to Stevenage because you can easily go by your own to the shopping center or the old part of the town, believe me it's really close :). Monica & Chris.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank monica C
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback regarding your stay.

It pleases me to hear that your stay was so wonderful.
We pride ourselves in the level of service we provide despite being value for money we feel it is important to ensure delivery of high level customer service, I am happy to hear that this is continuously being delivered.

We look forward to welcoming you back next year and any referals you make.

It is the ideal location as you have experienced so perfect for business and leisure travel.

Ruslana Yarmolyuk.
Mittagong, Australia
Reviewed February 9, 2013

A basic room that was clean and comfortable other than the heating system which sounded like the toilet was running all night - a bit better with a couple of towels and bed cover wrapped around it.

The location is good if you want to be in the middle of the shopping centres overlooking a carpark, with access to fast food outlets, but we walked over to the 'old town' area to find a reasonable restaurant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ruslana Y, General Manager at Ibis Stevenage Centre, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments.

I do apologise for the noise, this will be looked into to avoid future disturbances. I must advise if you ever experience this again then please contact the reception team and they will assist to better your experience.

We also have a delightful restuarant to dine in and also in the Leisure park there are various other options available - which is a 5 minute walk.

London
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Booked 2 rooms for family over from America. They wanted somewhere close to London and with easy access to motorways.

Great value for money, clean rooms and staff could not have been friendlier. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback regarding your stay.

It is a pleasure to hear that your family had a wonderful stay, we pride ourselves in the service we provide.

We look forward to welcoming your family back along with the recomendations you will provide.

Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My first trip to Stevenage for a very long time and I picked the Ibis for its situation, 200 metres from the station and the same distance from the town centre. It has been refurbished to the current Ibis style with a pleasant reception, bar, restaurant and bedroom. The staff were pleasant too and welcoming. I did have a problem with a slightly noisy room and a change of room was quickly arranged. The room was spacious with free wifi, the TV had all the Freeview channels and 4 European channels as well. The bed was very comfortable and the air-conditioned room was just right. I will be using it again and recommend it to others especially those who want a cheaper alternative to central London (25 minutes to Kings Cross and 45 minutes to Cambridge)

Room Tip: Low numbered 6th floor rooms have some noise from the roof-mounted plant
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Ruslana Y, General Manager at Ibis Stevenage Centre, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments.

I am delighted to hear that you had such a pleasant stay with us and when faced with an issue this was dealt with immediately.
Please do recomend our hotel as you are quite right it is a cheaper alternative to central London.

We look forward to welcoming you back to IBIS Stevenage.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Paid £40 for the room

We were down in Stevenage for the weekend house hunting and just wanted somewhere cheap to spend the night. After being welcomed into the hotel by lovely staff we found our way to the room which was perfect. The room was clean and comfortable with a lovely big bed as well as a nice new TV.

The location was perfect rite over the road from the cinema and multiple food outlets and only a 15 minute walk from the old part of town.

Now the cherry on the top for this place was the bathroom, I really have stayed in some 4* hotels with worst bathrooms that this, all modern and clean with a brilliant shower, I have to apologies at this point for using all of your hot water.

Would defiantly be recommending this to others.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank willhal
Ruslana Y, General Manager at Ibis Stevenage Centre, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at ibis Stevenage Centre. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I am looking forward to welcome you here at Ibis Stevenage again in the nearest future

Kind regards