“Excellent food!”

Surma Takeaway
Ranked #14 of 179 Restaurants in Stevenage
Cuisines: Indian, Malaysian, Nepali, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Delivery
Description: FIVE * * * * * RATED since 2009 to date National Curry Chef of the year 2002/2003 Winner of British Fusion Food Festival 2005/2006 Winner of British Bangladeshi Food Festival 2008 Tiffin Club local Winner 2009 Best Caterer of the year 2010 Spice times best takeaway east of England winner 2011 Five Stars for food Hygiene 2009/10/11/12/13/14
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Have eaten in many Indian restaurants and takeaways. Surma is without doubt one of the best I have been too. I ordered Chiken Tikka Masala vindaloo hot....and hot it was, but delicious. I always call Oli when I want something special., extremely accommodating indeed! GREAT FOOD!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Reviewed January 28, 2014

thought i would try this restaurant out as is boasts about its award winning chef. in fact half of the menu is devoted to telling you about him! the food was nice but wasnt a 'wow' meal. it was nothing more than an average curry. there are better restaurants in stevenage old town for curry and im likely to return to my favourite (despite its recent 0 star rating!)

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Delicious food, super staff, brilliant prices !!

We will definitely be back !

OPEN A RESTAURANT !! :-/

1  Thank LC-Herts
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Recently local News paper published star rating from Food Standard agency, Surma got Five out of Five hygiene star... and its made my day, I ordered my food straight away from SURMA.
surma is best in my opinion....

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Right this is my first ever review, but following the evening I've just had I felt I needed to warn others! -Our order which we were informed would be with us in around 45mins to 1 hour took 2 hours! -I had to call on 4 separate occasions to enquire and chase our food. -Each time the staff were rude, argumentative and non apologetic. -The food which did finally arrive was horrid, the puree was doughy and undercooked, and had a grey appearance had clearly been standing about for around 3 years!. - Overall I would strongly recommend you to avoid like the plague unless you wish to go hungry and spend your evening frustrated and disappointed. My advice would be to pop along to spice rouge instead who are nothing but helpful and superb.

2  Thank cde80