“The best Indian takeaway in Stevenage”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Surma Takeaway

Surma Takeaway
Ranked #12 of 162 Restaurants in Stevenage
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: FIVE * * * * * RATED since 2009 to date National Curry Chef of the year 2002/2003 Winner of British Fusion Food Festival 2005/2006 Winner of British Bangladeshi Food Festival 2008 Tiffin Club local Winner 2009 Best Caterer of the year 2010 Spice times best takeaway east of England winner 2011 Five Stars for food Hygiene 2009/10/11/12/13/14
Stevenage, England, United Kingdom
“The best Indian takeaway in Stevenage”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Reasonably priced for the quality of the food. Massive menu and an award winning chef. You also have the piece of mind you know that it is being cooked in a 5 star hygiene rating premises. Something I always insist on when I look for restaurants and takeaways. I am a vegetarian and this has a great range non meat eaters!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Harry G

Stevenage, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really Poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Friends rave about this place but I have never seen the attraction. Poor service, poor quality and shall not be going there again. I ordered a chicken curry which had just three small pieces of chicken in it. This is not the first time this has happened so would recommend you avoid this take away. If you want a really good curry in Stevenage I would suggest going to the Hasan Balti at Chells Manor as this is far far better and I cannot recommend them enough. We always collect our curry and I live a lot further from there than the Surma in Stevenage High Street but will always travel the further distance.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Richard833
“Lovely food!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I really love the food here but the last time I ordered they forgot the mint sauce & i'd even ordered extra so I had to drive back to get some as we'd ordered onion bargee & tandoori king prawns which most definitely need mint sauce & by the time I returned home for a 2nd visit the food was stone cold. This has not completely put me off ordering again I'll just ensure all items are in the bag before setting off home.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Mambozilla
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

If ur looking for place for good food this is the place unlike some of the others on the high street who seem more interested in other bussiness adventures with their restaurants this is a proper place

• Visited January 2013
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Lovely food at an excellent price.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Staying in Stevenage and after reading reviews we decided to try the Surma Take Away on the High Street. We were not disappointed, the order was taken speedily and efficiently((we could have ordered online for either Delivery or Collection) Two curries, garlic rice and a naan came to just over £16. There was a short wait of about 10minutes. Staff were very friendly. The food was delicious, the prawn curry had more prawns than I have ever seen in a curry before and the flavour was supurb. The rice was tasty and the naan had a lovely consistency. Poppadums were also put in for us as well. if we are ever in the area again this will be are first choice. There were many Award Certificates displayed are a testament to the quality.

• Visited April 2013