“Perfect stay!”

Lye Hill Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stevenage
Lye Hill Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Stevenage B&B and Inns
Zwolle, The Netherlands
“Perfect stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed here for one night as I had an early flight to catch at Luton Airport.

Room is beautiful, the bed is so lovely! Normally, I am too excited to sleep the day before any flying trip, but this bed helped me drop off with no bother and I was actually more refreshed and awake when I left for the airport! Room had a toilet and basin, I was able to share the shower, but as I hadn't brought a spare towel or shower items, I had to give it a miss!

Extra points for hot chocolate on the tea tray - so rare in B&Bs these days!

Karen greeted me warmly, including her lovely gorgeous cat! She showed me my room and called the nearby pub to check if they were still serving food and she then drove me to the pub and gave me a torch to walk back with. The pub is really nice and had delicious fish and chips.

I got back, went to bed and woke up to find Karen had already been up for an hour, made some breakfast for me and had arranged a taxi to take me to the airport.

I was able to leave my car there too, so it was a lot cheaper to do this than book the airport car parking at Luton.

Would highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank VodkaQueenNL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

Hi Karen

many thanks for the nice accomodation in Lye Hill. It was a long day in England and I was very tired. The bed was great and I slept very well. Thank you for the very early breakfast (5 a.m. on Saturday). This was not a problem.
Karen ordered my taxi for 5.15 a.m.. The taxi was 5.15 a.m on the B&B. Perfect.

Many thanks

Dennis
Berlin-Germany

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Dennis B
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

I found the B & B easily in a lovely beautiful location in countryside but close to the airport - however, I was not disturbed by the planes at all - too busy relaxing in my lovely clean, huge and comfi bed! Karen was so helpful and despite it being late gave me a lift to the pub down the road and a big torch to find my way back with, she also got up extremely early in the morning to give me a lift to the airport AND to give me breakfast! The bathroom was clean and the shower powerful and hot - no problems whatsoever. Karen is a lovely hostess who bends over backwards to ensure that you are okay....would definitely go back if I have another early flight from Luton and definitely recommend to my friends....

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Shnooks S
Karen R, Owner at Lye Hill Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 21, 2011
Thank you very much for sending such a glowing review.
I very much appreciate your kindness, and thank you for recommending me to your friends.
I look forward to seeing you again here at Lye Hill , when you next fly early from Luton Airport.
Clevedon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

We chose to stay here for its close proximity to Luton Airport. Although the planes did fly over regularly, this did not interrupt our sleep. Karen is very welcoming and was very attentive to our needs. We found the house comfortable and enjoyed Shadow, Karen's very friendly Burmese cat's attention. The location is amazing with some spectacular countryside views! Karen provided a varied and very good breakfast menu. We would definitely return if flying from Luton again, and would recommend Lye Hill bed and breakfast to friends and family. A bonus also is that our car could remain in the car park for the week and it is a cheaper rate than the airport. Also, Karen's directions were very good, particularly as we were travelling at night time.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chris H
Thank you very much for writing a review on the TripAdvisor site.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us at Lye Hill, and look forward to seeing you again.
Chesham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

Dear Oh Dear, some of these fellow reviewers seem to have been a bit ... picky ... with things!
The landlady accommodated me at short notice, which was pleasing. Even her cat greeted me pleasantly!
My bed was comfortable enough. The bathroom presented no problems to me. The aircraft were not that noisy - certainly didn't trouble my sleeping. And the breakfasts / teas / coffees were plentiful and freely available.
It's reassuring to know there's still some rural locations not far from Luton and its airport - and this is one. (Even the directions provided for how to find Lye Hill didn't get me lost - and that's saying something!)
I'll definitely return there.

Room Tip: At front or at back .... enjoy the views!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Steve982
Many thanks for writing a review about your stay here at Lye Hill.
I am glad you enjoyed yourself and everthing was okay , and we look forward to seeing you here again soon, including Shadow our Burmese cat, who greets everyone !
Ramat Gan, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2011

We stayed for a few days on & off during a bicycle tour of England.
We arrived one morning, assembled the bikes and then rode off after leaving the boxes at the B&B.
A week later, upon our return, we disassembled the bikes and stored them in the boxes ... then left by foot.
Karen was very helpful with all the logistics.

This is a great place to stay for anyone flying in and out of Luton Airport. Plenty of parking for their cars. For people on bikes, its a bit of a haul, but plenty of space in the yard and driveway for bike assembly and disassembly (which can be a pain in a proper hotel).

The food was good, the rooms were clean, and the place was very hospitable.
Although planes did fly in and out of Luton, the noise was tolerable.
Overall, we were very happy that we chose to stay at Lye Hill.

Room Tip: taxi to or from airport costs 10GBP.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank amirinisrael
Harrogate, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

This was a last minute decision to stay here, and to be fair to the landlady she accommodated us at short notice. The biggest issue is the planes which literally fly a few hundred feet overhead (they're coming in to land) and to give you an idea of how close they are we saw the headlamps of the planes shine into our bedrooms. This, coupled with a very soft and creaky bed meant that I only got about 1hr sleep. You MUST take earplugs if you stay here. If I had have slept better I would say its an average B&B, fairly clean and needing a few repairs but totally acceptable. The breakfast was fine, I had porridge and toast. I did like the very friendly Burmese cat!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank GoldenBat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevenage
Ibis Stevenage Centre
King William Hotel
#11 of 25 in Luton
Premier Inn Stevenage Central Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Luton Airport

Been to Lye Hill Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!