I stayed at The Cromwell on the 18th of July on my own the night before my wedding. The staff were amazing and very kind as I think they could see I was a little stressed. I had a very nice dinner in the bar with my mum and then back to the hotel room. The day of wedding the 19th, the staff were just amazing, everything I ordered from the room i.e. food and drink was brought to me straight away and the staff were so friendly and happy.
The main reason for my review is to just say how great The Cromwell hotel was at hosting our wedding reception:
- Charlotte Barrett, Emma and Amy - you guys were so helpful and kind to us and Charlotte you were there every step of the way answering ever question we had. Its a shame you couldn't be on the day but Emma and Amy looked after me very well. Amy the evening manager was an absolute god send, she was very professional and looked after my guest really well.
- The Bar Staff - Mitch and Josh were the best boys ever and kept everyone happy at the bar. The bar was also great because it is in the actual reception hall so everyone can stay in one place and be happy.
- Night Porter - I cant remember his name but he was fantastic and did a great job at taking down all my decorations nicely and keeping them safe for me even when I was drunkenly asking him "what are you doing with that, what are you doing with this"
- Reception staff - I have to say everyone was fantastic and really friendly. First impressions count and the reception staff give the impression you are staying somewhere nice and professional.
- The Bridal Suite - ok so its not the most glamorous bridal suite however it is very reasonably priced and one night came with the wedding reception price 'package'. I will say though that the room I stayed 124 was very spacious (big enough for me and my friend to get ready without feeling stuffy or trapped so to speak) There were two big windows so it was very airy as well. It was also on the first floor and not too far from the hall so me and my husband could stumble there in no time after too much drink.
Just again a big thank you for giving us the best party ever and making it a day to remember forever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cromwell Hotel Stevenage used to be the farmhouse home of John Thurloe, secretary to Oliver Cromwell. The alluring hotel in Stevenage's old town centre combines elements from the past with modern day facilities into a stylish decor. This Stevenage hotel is conveniently located close to the A1. London's Kings Cross station is only a 27-minute train ride away from Stevenage Station, which is just 1 mile from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Cromwell Hotel Stevenage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Cromwell Stevenage Hotel Stevenage
- Ramada Stevenage
- Stevenage Ramada