“Good hotel and decent location”

Holiday Inn Stevenage
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Stevenage
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Staued for two nights this weekend gone for a local country fayre.
Nightshift manager was superb as was the lovely lady on reception.

Steak sandwich in the room was so good we had two nights running.
Great location but suited us as we were at the show otherwise doesn't look like there's a lot on offer in the area.

Ask for a room with a bath!

Room Tip: Ask for room with a bath
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Scott M, Manager at Holiday Inn Stevenage, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at Holiday Inn Stevenage.

Your comments regards our staff and service will be shared with those concerned, and im pleased to hear you enjoyed our steak sandwich

Please rest assured your comments will be shared with the hotel team and we hope to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed there on the way to London with coach company Travelstyle. Evening meal was excellent ,very nice restaurant ,rooms very modern and clean Staff friendly couldn't find fault at all Stevenage itself though it seemed there wasn't much going on

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tracey P
Scott M, Manager at Holiday Inn Stevenage, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Guest

Further to your recent stay at Holiday Inn Stevenage thank you for your feedback.

Thank you once again for your feedback and my team and I hope to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Stevenage in the future.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed in the Holiday Inn recently for a business trip, as would not be of my choosing. Room was clean and up to date. Very cramped wouldn't really do for more than 1 person. Could hear the cars passing in the night, even though I was on the 5th & 6th floors.
Another complaint is the extras! Why do you have to pay extra for the wifi and the parking. I asked for some hot chocolate mix and that was an extra!
They reply I got was that executive guests get all these.
So very average at best!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review and feedback on your stay. We welcome all comments to help us continue to offer a good service. We are currently looking into WIFI charges as this is an area we often get feedback on.

Regards for parking, the Hotel is very limited with onsite spaces which to help guests we have allocated bays to our executive rooms, these rooms when booked offer both onsite parking and WIFI in the rate. We have secured a discounted price for the parking in both NCP car parks on the opposite side of the road to the Hotel at a charge of £3.50.

Our rooms are of various sizes and larger rooms can be booked. Im sorry to read you were kept awake by passing traffic.

I hope we can welcome you back under more favourable circumstances and hope that you would return. Please contact our reservations department onsite should you be looking to stay again and we will be happy to help.

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Wanting to stay somewhere reliably comfortable and within 30 minutes of Henlow, I chose the Holiday Inn Stevenage, having good previous experience of the chain. I was only slightly disappointed. The hotel is right in the centre just off the pedestrianised district and very accessible. The building and rooms all look very new and of a high quality - the standard room was huge with a sofa and even had heated bathroom mirrors to prevent steaming up, a nice little touch! The hotel bar was also well used in the evening and very cosy, usual hotel prices though.
Here's for the hiccup - I booked a room for £40 and felt I'd sealed a great deal, only to find out on arrival that the hotel parking was only for executive rooms, so had to park in an open air council car park over the road where security didn't feel great. Also, the rate it turned out was room only, so after breakfast and parking extras it cost me over 50% more than I'd bargained for. Looking back over my paperwork, I still don't feel either of these issues were really explained in advance.
Thankfully though the standard of our room countered the pricing problems and we still enjoyed our stay, would book again. P.S. Specify a low floor if you don't like heights - the hotel must be at least 6 storeys tall.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank leeds_lifeguard

Dear Guest

Thank you for your valued feedback. Im sorry to read that you felt the instructions for the rate booked did not appear clear into what was include and can ensure you we are updating descriptions on a regular basis to help our guests. may i take this opportunity to thank you for this information.

Im pleased you enjoyed the room you had booked, and we look forward to your return. Do contact the Hotel if your looking to book again and our reservations department will be happy to talk you through our available rates and packages.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I had a weekend break with my son, we usually don't stay in Stevenage but because limited availability choose to this time and overall not disappointed.

We got there early with the idea of leaving the car there before check-in, I didn't read the notice they posted about the parking being off site, whoops.

Luckily reception said it would be no problem to check in straight away as the room was ready straight away.

There were many things to do in the locality of the hotel, park, swimming pool, shops and a museum (not visited) being within 5 minutes walk not to mention other attractions.

In the evening we ate in the restaurant which opens at 18:30, we started with a soup of the day and the hot spicy soup, the person serving us advised that it was very hot ( we like this ) and both were tasty.
For the main course we ordered a chicken balti curry & a ribeye steak.
Enjoying cooking curries myself I found the spices a little overpowering (spices should be dry cooked for 1 minute or two before being added to the sauce to be cooked) the rice, curry and papa-dam were really hot which made me think it had all been microwaved.

For the ribeye ordered it medium, I think it was prepared a little while before being presented perhaps nuked also, because it was between medium getting on to well done inside but outside was perfect.

Settling down for the evening I noticed that the headboard was sticky which is why the low cleanliness rating but apart from that other areas of the room looked good including the bathroom.( I didn't complain too tired by then just moved down a little on the usual good standard I expect from large double Holiday Inn beds)
Reception, Bar area, restaurant was also looking clean.

One other thing the room had a typical slot for the card to power on everything, this did not function but there was a powerswitch next to it, took us 2 minutes to work this one out, not sure if this was typical of the rooms and we did not question reception on this.

Every single member of staff was not only helpful but was offering advice to improve our stay, reception, room cleaners, bar & restuarant, some Holiday Inns could learn from this.

Well done guys!

Overall great stay and will go there again, their staff really make this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was overlooking the main street on the 4th floor, no noise issues whatsoever, no swimming p...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Gerard R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Stevenage, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Guest

I'm really pleased that overall the experience met your expectations and that you and your son found plenty to do during your weekend. Please rest assured that your comments regarding the bedroom headboard and food have been shared with Accommodation Services and the Kitchen team respectively. Our Maintenance team have also been advised of the Vingcard bedroom system feedback, so that they can include within their daily checks.

It was great to hear that the team throughout the hotel made your stay and I will ensure that your appreciation is passed onto them.

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Stevenage.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Worthwhile upgrading to executive rooms, parking becomes free, access to wifi is included and the room is bigger.

Overall everything is clean and tidy and you can almost forget you're in Stevenage.

Service was pleasant although a little frustratingly always directed at me even though my wife was 'in charge'. A touch rude, if possibly not deliberate.

• Stayed: July 2013
Gerard R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Stevenage, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Guest

Thanks for the recent review of your stay at Holiday Inn Stevenage.

I'm pleased that overall the experience met your expectations and that you enjoyed the additional benefits of our Executive rooms.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have just spent an enjoyable week in the hotel. The room was clean and comfortable and brightly decorated. The food was excellent and reasonably priced for the area. The most important thing I must add is the friendliness of the staff, from the cleaners through to the receptionist. In particular Rosita who greeted me each morning by name a professional touch with personal feelings that made me feel important something that is not always shown these days.
I look forward to returning soon

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Gerard R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Stevenage, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Dear Guest

I'm delighted the experience met your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Please rest assured that all your positive comments regarding the room cleanliness, food quality and staff friendliness will be shared with the team. It was also pleasing to hear that Rositsa's warm and friendly service stood out during your stay and I know she will be equally pleased to hear your comments.

Gerard Ryan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevenage
Holiday Inn Express Stevenage
Days Inn Stevenage North
Archways Lodge Hotel
Archways Lodge Hotel
#5 of 11 in Stevenage

Been to Holiday Inn Stevenage? Share your experiences!