“BAR MANAGER HELPS”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Stevenage
helston
“BAR MANAGER HELPS”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Peter bar manager helped us when we arrived no wi fi working he fixed it for us no joy from reception ...he also warned us that while we were waiting for food and drinks a 100 pound fine would be given to us if our car was in the car park for more than 30 mins !!!!!!! so I moved to the disabled bay and gave my car reg to reception THANK YOU Peter . Very sorry that reception could not help us like he did .We were then told that no rooms available .....BUT Peter told us that the HOLIDAY EXPRESS INN was near by and so we went on line to book 2 nights there ,as a priority member I hope this little story helps someone ......thanks again to Peter

Room Tip: no room available
Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Stevenage, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear al r,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Polish first
Ware, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed here with my family while attending a function in Feb. 2013. We had a family room which was a great size. I have two children and they were in camp beds which seemed bigger than average and they found very comfortable. A choice of pillows - great!! A nice big bathroom - plenty of of space for us all. The breakfast the next morning was very good. Lots of variety and although we were very late there was plenty left. The car park is small as you would expect in the centre of town but you can park for £10 per night (free if you book an executive room). Given that the car park across the road charges £3 and the rooms are such good value anyway £10 seemed worth paying.

The party we were attending was held in the function room on the first floor. It was perfect for the size of party we had. The food was a hot buffet - the children had their own buffet - and it was plentiful and tasty.

All the staff we encountered were helpful and professional. If you need to stay in the area and are looking for something in this price bracket, I would thoroughly recommend the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank REWCIJO
Gerard R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Stevenage, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback following you and your family's stay at Holiday Inn Stevenage in February.

I'm delighted that the experience exceeded your expectations and that you all enjoyed your stay with us.

Please rest assured that your comments will be shared with the hotel team.

My team and I hope to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Stevenage in the future.

Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Nice food, nice rooms, nice staff. Better than we expected. Would stay again if ever needed to be in same location, which is unlikely. Really good food at breakfast and bar meals in the evening. Just make sure you ask how to turn off the stupid green light in the bathroom which shines through the clear glass bathroom door all night otherwise!

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank jamsquareclaire
Gerard R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Stevenage, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Guest

Thanks for the feedback from your recent stay at Holiday Inn Stevenage.

I'm delighted the experience exceeded your expectaions and hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Please rest assured that your comments will be shared with the team.

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Stevenage.

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Good hotel but I felt like I'm in a one of "third World countries" where I was seen as a walking wallet when I heard from the receptionist that I had to pay 10 pounds for the wireless per day. The good news is they do discount, so you pay 26 pounds for 3 days. I am planning to change my hotel first thing in the morning as the thought of paying for wi-fi overwhelms my every other priorities. Oh, you cannot park at their car park unless you're staying in executive room. They let some company take care of the car park those guys fine you a 100 pounds for parking there. I'm not joking!..

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Gerard R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Stevenage, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Holiday Inn Stevenage.

I'm disappointed the experience did not meet your expectations regarding the Wifi charges and the parking arrangements at the hotel.

The hotel does currently charge £9.50 for 24hrs internet, although this is currently under review from IHG Hotels Ltd with a view to increasing the number of guests who will receive this service complimentary. At the moment, our Platinum Priority Club members all receive complimentary Wifi with Gold member receiving it free from July 2013. This is certainly an area of focus over the coming months.

The hotel does have Limited on site car parking with 18 spaces available for our guests. As the hotel has 18 Executive rooms it seemed fair to reserve our on site car parking for guest;s staying in those rooms. The hotel introduced 'Parking Eye' to manage the on site parking based on feedback from our guests. Before the introduction of 'Parking Eye' guests would understandably become frustrated if they had reserved an Executive room but there was no on site parking space available. The introduction of this system has alleviated this problem. The hotel does offer all guests a discounted parking rate of £3.50 in either of the 2 car parks directly opposite the hotel.

Thank you for sharing your findings with us and I hope this experience will not deter you from using Holiday Inn hotels in the future.

Cambridge
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Ive rated this hotel 5 out of 5 relative to the sector and price. Ive stayed here a couple of times in the last month.
It is only a few pounds more than another chain (purple...to give a clue) but is in a different league in this town.
The reception can sometimes get busy but I would suggest pop back...it can become empty very quickly.
I prefer the Executive rooms and would, if you can, suggest upgrading. Beds are very nice, toiletries pretty good.
The bar area is large and airy, yes hotel prices but very pleasant.
Breakfast is fine...not exceptional but OK.
Its topping the table as the hotel for our organisation as a whole...good work HI.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank TheClanster
Gerard R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Stevenage, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of Holiday Inn Stevenage following your most recent stay at the hotel.

I'm delighted that many aspects of your stay exceeded expectations and that the hotel is the preferred choice for your organisation. Your comments will be shared with the hotel team who look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Stevenage

Bracknell, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My husband and I have just stayed at this hotel overnight. We found the hotel and rooms to be lovely and clean. The staff are friendly and courteous. We ate in the restaurant on the first evening and the food was very good. Breakfast the following morning was buffet style and there was lots of choice.
Hotel is highly recommended.

Room Tip: stayed in 421 which does not over look the road so is quieter and the gym is on this floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kellew1
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at Holiday Inn Stevenage.

I'm delighted the experience met your expectations and that you highly recommend the hotel. Please rest assured your comments will be shared with the hotel team whom ensured your stay was a pleasant one.

My team and I hope to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Stevenage in the future.

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Ok so it's in Stevenage, it's not the prettiest of places. I stayed here on business recently and was pleasantly surprised by how nice the room was considering everything else around it!

The hotel is set on a busy dual carriageway in Stevenage. Unless you are in an executive room you need to park in the carpark opposite the hotel, on the other side of the dual carriageway. If you park in the carpark at the back you may be fined. There is a subway underneath the road to take you to the hotel, which takes you past the Stevenage Museum (don't laugh). The hotel itself is a short walk from the town and about a ten to fifteen minute walk to the nicer area of Old Town.

The hotel has a large airly recption and slightly chilly but extremely efficient reception staff. I did get them to smile the next morning when I spotted the hotel was next the a fire station, and the the fireman were hosing down the trucks. They unfortunately advised me they did not do this topless in the summer. There are two lifts to the upper floors and the very expensive but late opening bar is on the ground floor. Breakfast is also served on the ground floor and is classic buffet style. Its ok, not bad, not brilliant either, but enough to get your day going.

I stayed on the second floor and the room was very nicely styled in crisp whites and greens. I found it clean, comfortable and modern and the bed was very comfy. I was given a selection of pillows, tea making facilites, cosmetics and a welcome cookie with a personal note. It was actually quite a nice cookie.....My only gripe? No bath. It did however have an enormous shower with large shower head and sliding doors so I have begrudgingly let this go. I got to look out over the previously mentioned Stevenage Museum and did not hear any road noise.

So pretty much a decent hotel if you are looking for something in the centre of Stevenage.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Skizz1471
Scott M, Manager at Holiday Inn Stevenage, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Guest

I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay at Holiday Inn Stevenage in and that you found the location to be great.

We do offer a mixture of different room types both with walk-in shower, and baths with overhead showers.

Your feedback will be shared with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. I’m pleased you enjoyed the complimentary cookie on your arrival.

Scott Mills