“Very good value hotel for the standard”

Holiday Inn Stevenage
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Stevenage
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Ive rated this hotel 5 out of 5 relative to the sector and price. Ive stayed here a couple of times in the last month.
It is only a few pounds more than another chain (purple...to give a clue) but is in a different league in this town.
The reception can sometimes get busy but I would suggest pop back...it can become empty very quickly.
I prefer the Executive rooms and would, if you can, suggest upgrading. Beds are very nice, toiletries pretty good.
The bar area is large and airy, yes hotel prices but very pleasant.
Breakfast is fine...not exceptional but OK.
Its topping the table as the hotel for our organisation as a whole...good work HI.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank TheClanster
Gerard R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Stevenage, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of Holiday Inn Stevenage following your most recent stay at the hotel.

I'm delighted that many aspects of your stay exceeded expectations and that the hotel is the preferred choice for your organisation. Your comments will be shared with the hotel team who look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Stevenage

Reviewed April 19, 2013

My husband and I have just stayed at this hotel overnight. We found the hotel and rooms to be lovely and clean. The staff are friendly and courteous. We ate in the restaurant on the first evening and the food was very good. Breakfast the following morning was buffet style and there was lots of choice.
Hotel is highly recommended.

Room Tip: stayed in 421 which does not over look the road so is quieter and the gym is on this floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kellew1

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at Holiday Inn Stevenage.

I'm delighted the experience met your expectations and that you highly recommend the hotel. Please rest assured your comments will be shared with the hotel team whom ensured your stay was a pleasant one.

My team and I hope to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Stevenage in the future.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Ok so it's in Stevenage, it's not the prettiest of places. I stayed here on business recently and was pleasantly surprised by how nice the room was considering everything else around it!

The hotel is set on a busy dual carriageway in Stevenage. Unless you are in an executive room you need to park in the carpark opposite the hotel, on the other side of the dual carriageway. If you park in the carpark at the back you may be fined. There is a subway underneath the road to take you to the hotel, which takes you past the Stevenage Museum (don't laugh). The hotel itself is a short walk from the town and about a ten to fifteen minute walk to the nicer area of Old Town.

The hotel has a large airly recption and slightly chilly but extremely efficient reception staff. I did get them to smile the next morning when I spotted the hotel was next the a fire station, and the the fireman were hosing down the trucks. They unfortunately advised me they did not do this topless in the summer. There are two lifts to the upper floors and the very expensive but late opening bar is on the ground floor. Breakfast is also served on the ground floor and is classic buffet style. Its ok, not bad, not brilliant either, but enough to get your day going.

I stayed on the second floor and the room was very nicely styled in crisp whites and greens. I found it clean, comfortable and modern and the bed was very comfy. I was given a selection of pillows, tea making facilites, cosmetics and a welcome cookie with a personal note. It was actually quite a nice cookie.....My only gripe? No bath. It did however have an enormous shower with large shower head and sliding doors so I have begrudgingly let this go. I got to look out over the previously mentioned Stevenage Museum and did not hear any road noise.

So pretty much a decent hotel if you are looking for something in the centre of Stevenage.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Skizz1471
Scott M, Manager at Holiday Inn Stevenage, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear Guest

I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay at Holiday Inn Stevenage in and that you found the location to be great.

We do offer a mixture of different room types both with walk-in shower, and baths with overhead showers.

Your feedback will be shared with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. I’m pleased you enjoyed the complimentary cookie on your arrival.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed here for one night, the staff were not very friendly, but not rude they just seemed disinterested. The room was OK and clean, but.....the bed was the most uncomfortable I have ever slept in as it was far too soft.

Room Tip: watch out as the beds are awful
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback.

I’m surprised to hear that our beds did not meet your satisfaction during your recent stay with us upon this occasion. We are a relatively brand new Hotel only in our 5th year of opening and all beds are to Holiday Inn standard.

I would be grateful if you would contact me and provide the room number you stayed in so that I can look into this further and act upon your remarks made.

We have taken measure in the meantime to do all sufficient checks to ensure the beds are suitable, and your feedback has been shared with the relevant departments.

I hope you do return and would personally like to be able to welcome you back to our Hotel

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Having booked this hotel for its convienient location, I was more than disappointed by the downright rude welcome from their "reception" staff.
The quality,cleanliness or anything else relating to this hotel is irrellivent. I would deffinately not put this hotel on my re-visit list.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank clive w
Scott M, Manager at Holiday Inn Stevenage, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Further to your stay at Holiday Inn Stevenage I'm sorry the experience failed to meet your expectations and our usual standards.

Please rest assured that your feedback will be shared with the team so that we can continue to improve the service we offer. We would be greatful of any information you could provide direct to the Hotel, to assist us in looking at this in further detail

Thank you for sharing your findings and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel under more favourable circumstances in the future.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stopped here On Saturday 16th February 2013. We decided to have a long weekend break.
We came away in a worst state than we arrived. Their staff are rude, ill-mannered and very unprofessional. The manager there we TRIED to speak to was obnoxious, he wanted to be the manager when things are good but runs away when you complain.
There was so much noise we did not get to sleep until 3am due to private weekend parties organised at the same hotel.
If you are desperate to stop here there is a better pub under the ‘under pass’ and the bar staff there are 100% better than the bar staff at Holiday Inn
The breakfast was a free for all, find your own table and guess what to do next.
This place is expensive and in my opinion even worse than any Travelodge you may have stopped in

Room Tip: Find another hotel if you can
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank midfield38

Please accept my sincere apologies that your stay was marred by the disturbance from other guests and the breakfast service received during your stay. Please rest assured that your feedback will be shared with the team so that we can continue to improve the service we offer.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I've stayed here on numerous occasions for business. I find it to be convenient to the town centre (great shops if you get an early finish), without being too close to be involved in any disruption at the end of an evening. The beds are very comfortable and clean, the service excellent and the food extremely good. The staff members are friendly yet professional and I intend to bring my husband - it's that good!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank HappyH1
Gerard R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Stevenage, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for the great feedback following your recent stay at Holiday Inn Stevenage.

I'm delighted the experience met your expectations, especially with regards to the comfort of the beds, cleanliness of the room, service and quality of food. Please rest assured your comments will be shared with the team who made it happen.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back with your husband in the near future.

Gerard Ryan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevenage
Holiday Inn Express Stevenage
Days Inn Stevenage North
Archways Lodge Hotel
Archways Lodge Hotel
#6 of 11 in Stevenage

Been to Holiday Inn Stevenage? Share your experiences!