“best indian in stevenage”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Maharajah Indian Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Pakistani
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
herts
“best indian in stevenage”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

the staff always go out of there way to make the experiance here fantastic, i only visit once every few months but they always remember me and take time to speak to the children and give them special treatment! the food is first class and worth way more than they charge this is probably mainly due the level of competition in stevenage old town though!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank gavdvd

Stevenage
“hit and miss fare”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

It can be good but last time a large party arrives I was as a single guy eating a main and a side with two beers and a nan. I was considered unimportant in the bigger scheme of things

Treat with great caution and try and get served by the owner, The young waiters are a little patronising in the way they approach a discerning customer .

The tandoori dishes I have to say good in both Taste and portion, The wine list however should be treated with a careful approach. I would actually stick to the beer!

Hit and miss ,last time I ate there I should have given it a miss. But I will give it another go as my
rrelative has it on her list of 'must' curry houses in the area and has dragged me there on more than one occasion. All goes to show its totally subjective!

• Visited January 2013
Stevenage, United Kingdom
“Birthday party with Fun n Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

We all gathered at this nice restaurant to celebrate birthday of our friend's daughter. We were asked before serving if wanted to have food to be extra hot or spicy. The food was served piping hot and was very delicious. Also the service of the food was very good. We were around 30 people,but were served fairly quickly. I would like come again to this place.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Raj_hec
Hoddesdon
“WONDERFUL TAKEAWAY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Tastes great eat there every fortnight wont eat anywhere else they deliver to the holiday inn express for me.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Louise C
Bedford, England, United Kingdom
“I try to go every month!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

We first came to this restaurant back in 2010 and have always returned! We have bought friends and family along on some occasions and they have all enjoyed their experience and thought the food was great. It is in fact the best curry house I go to. The food is always excellent and because were regulars, we get a free bottle of champagne every time we go and extra mints! Really good value for your money and its never empty! Personally I don't like a dead restaurant. When you get the poppadom sauces, try dipping the poppadom into the green sauce first then the pink one, it goes down a treat! Everything ive ever ordered off that menu has been amazing! I would definitely advise you go!

• Visited February 2013